looking for husqvarna 395xp measurements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.W

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, im looking to get some measurements of a husqvarna 395xp. I would like to know the wrist pin size, the stroke, the distance from the crank to the case where the cylinder bolts on, the rod length, the crank size, and other measurements that are crucial when trying to swap this cylinder on to a different crank case.

38 mm stroke 12mm pin, I doubt that the jug will bolt on to many other saws without heaps of work. Husky guys will probably correct me but I have an idea that they are not even interchangeable with the predecessor, the mighty 394

I am aware of the work that it will take to swap cylinders. I'm not too concerned with the work that I'll need to put into it because I will be slowly building up the engine part by part, and the crazy idea of swapping jugs is where I'm going to start.

I also would like to know the OD and ID of the intake.

I am going to order one of the 50 dollar amazon cylinders to start with. This build is still a few months down the road, I'm just getting measurements so I can try to draw it out(im not a good artist lol), or put it into a CAD program.

I was considering a MS660 cylinder, but the 58mm Husqy cylinder is more appealing.

Not yet. I'm wanting to go with the 395 cylinder, then find what case would be most compatible.

I know Caber rings are highly recommended. Would these rings fit the 395xp?

Caber Piston Rings 58mm x 1.5mm for STIHL 070, 090, 090G, 075, 076, Alpina 120 https://a.co/d/fqE1Lkx

Latest posts

Back