• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for husqvarna 570xp piston and cylinder kit ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrenchbender16

Wrenchbender16

ArboristSite Lurker
Want to buy a piston with rings and cyl and all gaskets and things needed to replace my scored piston /cyl can anyone give me an idea the best/ most cost effective way to get these ? There is a lot of different options on eBay can they be trusted or should I stick with factory parts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
i believe the 51mm 575 cylinder is a bolt on for the 570 and would be a much better option for you as those 570's are gutless turds. i would check pricing with tlandrum or spike60 for OEM parts.

Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
575 is a direct bolt on...
I wouldn't call the 570 gutless wonder. Might not be the best performing 70cc saw but it has no trouble cutting with a 24"bar all day. Btw, the 570 is actually 68cc IIRC.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
575 is a direct bolt on...
I wouldn't call the 570 gutless wonder. Might not be the best performing 70cc saw but it has no trouble cutting with a 24"bar all day. Btw, the 570 is actually 68cc IIRC.

run one next to a 268 and report back. the 570 is an pathetic turd. or make it funny and run it against a 346 both with 24" bars 3/8's. bet they will be pretty close. lol

Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
I don't have access to a 268 or a 346. I do happen to have a 570 though. It didn't stand out as an impressive saw to me especially since I have a ported 2159 but didn't think it was a turd.

Modifiedmark
I have a 268XP and recently went through a 570 for a guy. The 570 would kill the 268XP. Period.

That said, if I had to get a top end for one, there is still no reason not to replace it with a 575 top end.

I would also stick with only factory parts. Check with Spike maybe for a price, I hear the Husky P/C have come down in price.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
I have a 268XP and recently went through a 570 for a guy. The 570 would kill the 268XP. Period.

That said, if I had to get a top end for one, there is still no reason not to replace it with a 575 top end.

I would also stick with only factory parts. Check with Spike maybe for a price, I hear the Husky P/C have come down in price.

did you run them side by side? there was nothing special except for muffler mods and the 268 was even the open port model by the way, not the xp. they are both the same displacement pretty well and if both tuned properly the 268 will slaughter the 570 and handle significantly better. this is coming from a guy who has owned multiples of both and would never hold onto another 570. the 576 is a big slug of a 76cc saw that at least has some power to back it up. the 570 is a 576 except the 570 really is a slug in the wood. way to heavy and underpowered for the CC's. i have never even actually ran a 575 so can't even say if it would be much of a power increase but i figure anything would be better then the 570. i bet the top ends are close in price and the 570 part number might just supersede to the 575 by now anyways so it would be silly not to go for the bore increase. there is no comparison between a 570 and 576 when it comes to the way they run and i hear from others that the 575 is closer to a 576. Not to say they are a bad saw though as they cut wood well. they are just a big old heavy turd just like the L65. some people thought they had power and some people thought they were turds. (their owners thought they were powerful and everyone else thought they were turds. lol) i've had to replace a few set of 570-576 bottom end bearings from cage failure, never did on a 268.

Latest posts