Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some plumbing on the truck . Now I’m a little bit in a pickle . All the gas lines on the truck are 3/8 and of course the banjo in the Holley is 5/16 . Went to the local speed shop looked at his Holley book they don’t make a 3/8 banjo for it . Looked at a Edelbrock but the banjo bolt is 9/16 and mine is 1/2 so it won’t work IMG_8441.jpegIMG_8440.jpegIMG_8439.jpegIMG_8438.jpegIMG_8437.jpeg

Did some plumbing on the truck . Now I’m a little bit in a pickle . All the gas lines on the truck are 3/8 and of course the banjo in the Holley is 5/16 . Went to the local speed shop looked at his Holley book they don’t make a 3/8 banjo for it . Looked at a Edelbrock but the banjo bolt is 9/16 and mine is 1/2 so it won’t work View attachment 1179248View attachment 1179247View attachment 1179246View attachment 1179245View attachment 1179244
In the mean time... maybe use a solder on reducer and add a short length of 5/16"? It should act like any other reducer and increase the velocity of the fuel in the constricted section... faster is better isn't it? 😉 I noticed that there are various shoulder angles...

1716466432259.png
1716466540841.png

In the mean time... maybe use a solder on reducer and add a short length of 5/16"? It should act like any other reducer and increase the velocity of the fuel in the constricted section... faster is better isn't it? 😉 I noticed that there are various shoulder angles...

View attachment 1179251
View attachment 1179252
In the short term I’m using one of these IMG_8448.jpegnot a perfect solution but until I get a permanent fix it should work . I’m bringing the banjo to a machinist friend see if he can make one up with a 3/8 fitting . Would rather not choke down the fuel system . It was designed with 3/8 for a reason . The smaller V8 and six cylinder trucks came with 5/16 so GM did this for a good reason .

In Warshington they say "Don't move here".

In Minnesota, we say:
View attachment 1178877
Ja, The minnie sotans are moving to WI to escape the insanity. MN should clean their house, then people might want to go there. WI, Well southern WI has gone wacko. Nobody sane would want tiny lil' tony for gov. WI needs to clean house too. Good people up Nort in both states.

Notice anything odd about these guns that were surrendered in a gun buy back recently?

View attachment 1179253
In addition to the aforementioned charge handles missing, I find it ironic that there would only be a pile of like new AR's at a gun buyback. Staged no doubt.

Ja, The minnie sotans are moving to WI to escape the insanity. MN should clean their house, then people might want to go there. WI, Well southern WI has gone wacko. Nobody sane would want tiny lil' tony for gov. WI needs to clean house too. Good people up Nort in both states.
I suppose you guys are getting the ones who need to stay close enough to the twin cities to work but want out of our stupidly run state.

Older twin city residents are moving up here en masse to get away from the lawlessness of the inner city.

Outstate continues to turn more red, but with a shrinking population they just keep adding folks from elsewhere in North Minneapolis to sway the vote their way.

Minnesota is a beautiful state, ran by idiots.

In the short term I’m using one of these View attachment 1179255not a perfect solution but until I get a permanent fix it should work . I’m bringing the banjo to a machinist friend see if he can make one up with a 3/8 fitting . Would rather not choke down the fuel system . It was designed with 3/8 for a reason . The smaller V8 and six cylinder trucks came with 5/16 so GM did this for a good reason .
That's the problem with nice things, you need to fix them properly. Could just cobble it together if it was an old rusty farm truck.

Just kidding obviously, you have beautiful rides.

Notice anything odd about these guns that were surrendered in a gun buy back recently?

View attachment 1179253
Several are SBR's. All the short ones have rifle stocks, none with braces.
Charge handle is missing on most of them, some have mags in them, and whoever turned them in is an idiot.
or even more likely a gun grabber looking for press coverage
SVK, sure is

That lake is loaded with them

Guys a moron and yes, the charge handles are gone
yup
In addition to the aforementioned charge handles missing, I find it ironic that there would only be a pile of like new AR's at a gun buyback. Staged no doubt.
Staged beyond a shadow of a doubt. Nobody would spend the extra hassle and 200 bucks a pop to register SBR's only to turn them in.

All this nonsense had made me hungry so CIT it is.
IMG_2934.jpg
Finishing off a package of bacon and knowing there are 3 more in the freezer. Priceless!
IMG_2935.jpg
as always farm fresh
IMG_2936.jpg
Busy hiding the evidence. Catch u later.

Alternately, when tourist come through our tiny town, they drive way too slow trying to look around at things in the town.

The only place I’ve ever seen where tourists go 5 miles an hour in a 30 and then do 75 on the county back roads that are so bad that you shouldn’t exceed 50.
We called those "tour-ons" when I used to work down at the lake. Like get out of my way so I can get work and you can come complain to me about how expensive the gas on the water is lol

SVK, sure is

That lake is loaded with them

Guys a moron and yes, the charge handles are gone
Before I noticed that I noticed that none of them have sights... which led me to look closer. The buy-back offered $500 each for this style of gun. Given the missing, and important, parts it would seem to me that they were only entitled to the $25 "non-working gun" prize. So... did the guns come in the door in this condition, or were they stripped after being turned in, or was this staged for political purposes?

Sorry for trying to squeeze in a scrounging pic edgewise - I figure every page should have one you know. Anyway, thus is a very special load for number 21 from the log pile. All oak with a cherry on top.
View attachment 1179321
Cherry on top. !!! Love it

Sorry for trying to squeeze in a scrounging pic edgewise - I figure every page should have one you know. Anyway, thus is a very special load for number 21 from the log pile. All oak with a cherry on top.
View attachment 1179321
Are you close to being done? If you don't sell any, you ought to be set for many years. What saw are you using?

Are you close to being done? If you don't sell any, you ought to be set for many years. What saw are you using?
Firewood is never "done"! LOL.

I don't sell any, but I do give a bit away for neighborhood campfires and the like. I burn ~9 cord per year in the OWB, usually including a lot of trash wood that many wouldn't use. If I figure 1/2 cord per load I'm at about 15 cords from this log pile and other wood from the guy who got me access to it. Maybe another 5 cords to go. So yeah, I should be set for a couple years.

I started out using the Dolmar 5105, but it was outmatched by the larger logs. I fell into a deal on an Echo 620P for $175 a couple weeks ago, so have been using that. And it's a beast, I'm really quite happy with it. It has a choke lever issue that I need to sort out, but otherwise is great.

Firewood is never "done"! LOL.

I don't sell any, but I do give a bit away for neighborhood campfires and the like. I burn ~9 cord per year in the OWB, usually including a lot of trash wood that many wouldn't use. If I figure 1/2 cord per load I'm at about 15 cords from this log pile and other wood from the guy who got me access to it. Maybe another 5 cords to go. So yeah, I should be set for a couple years.

I started out using the Dolmar 5105, but it was outmatched by the larger logs. I fell into a deal on an Echo 620P for $175 a couple weeks ago, so have been using that. And it's a beast, I'm really quite happy with it. It has a choke lever issue that I need to sort out, but otherwise is great.
I do remember you running onto that deal. 60cc saw, I can relate to, is nice cutting...especially at the price you got it.

Long day mowing at the tree farm today,

Resized-20240523-151657-S.jpg

There's also LOTS of fields to mow,

Resized-20240523-174344-S.jpg

LOTS more work there to do too, but that will be for another time.

SR

Back