Looking for information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a weedeater that ran fine until it was about out of gas and then began to act as if it wasn't getting enough fuel. The idle speed picked up and the motor wouldn't accelerate. I refueled it and the problem didn't go away. I burned off the debris on the exhaust screen but still no fix. Adjusted the needle out and back in to its original position and it ran fine until it was about out of fuel and then the same thing happened. I also noticed a very small amount of fuel coming out of the tank vent after it had been run awhile.
Any ideas from the pros on what I should be looking for here? My thought was a tank vent problem, but it should have corrected itself when I refueled so now I'm leaning toward dirt in the carburetor.

Thanks for any help you may offer. :bowdown:

A weedeater isn't exactly a chainsaw (unless, you come up with ideas like I do, to make a weedeater with a pole saw attachment on the end, for a brushcutter). Dirt could be in the carb, your fuel line could have cracked and is leaking air (saw that on an Echo CS302), or the diaphragm in the carb could be bad. If it is a weedeater or poulan, then it would have a Walbro carb, most likely. If it is a Ryobi, it would either have a Walbro or Zama (or whatever it is). STIHL would have a Walbro, most likely. Husky- I'm not sure; I've only worked on one low end husky, that was just a Poulan, with different plastic. Jonsered- I'm not sure. Other brands like Kawasaki may use Walbro, or something else. My tip is-
Accumulate many weedeaters. I've got at least 5, and only paid for the STIHL FS62. And that was $15. Both my STIHL's Walbro carbs (FS 56 and FS 62), and my 3 weedeater/poulan/husky ones have walbros. My 2 Ryobi's have a walbro and Zama. Anyway, when you need a new carb diaphragm, all you do is go out to the pile of junk weedeaters, and pull the carb diaphragm. If one doesn't work, find another in the pile. :D Works for me. I actually made a trolling motor for a boat from a weedeater. :D

Back