Looking for programmable line thermostat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjlrrw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a OWB and currently have a line thermostat that turns my furnace fan on when it calls for heat. I have been looking for a programmable line thermostat but everything I have found are for resistive loads like electric heating, I need one that can turn on and off the fan inductive load. The fan is 1/3 hp 6 A at 120VAC

Any ideas?

Thanks

If I were doing it I'd use a low voltage programmable to control a relay to switch the 110 to the motor. If you can find a programmable to switch the motor directly that would be the preferred way to do it.

Last edited:
If I were doing it I'd use a low voltage programmable to control a relay to switch the 110 to the motor. If you can find a programmable to switch the motor directly that would be the preferred way to do it.

That would be my backup plan using a low voltage to control a relay but hoping to find one that can drive the fan direct so I could just replace the one I have not and not need to add wiring.

Thanks

Use the same wiring. Just run the 24v thru it to a CONTACTOR at the boiler. There will be rearranged wire, not rewiring.

If there is a way to make the programmable thermostat slaved to the main thermostat just to turn the fan on I would try to make it work that way - then you can have your furnace be the backup. If I remember there are some wiring diagrams on the Central Boiler website and others.

If there is a way to make the programmable thermostat slaved to the main thermostat just to turn the fan on I would try to make it work that way - then you can have your furnace be the backup. If I remember there are some wiring diagrams on the Central Boiler website and others.

I found the diagram, it don't look too bad, I may go this route as my options for stats will be greater.

Back