Looking for users of Dremel type chain sharpeners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly 'rocked' that loop. I never sharpen any loops except in the shop. I always replace a dull chain with a fresh one and flip the bar at the same time. I always carry a couple sharp ground chains with me and I just gave away a rig like you use. I find them to be less than adequate for dressing a chain... Especially 404 where the tooth angle is a compound.

Carry on and enjoy yourself. Least I've 'educated' my arborist customers to change out loops when the pitch is evident on the heel of the tooth. Makes them easier to sharpen, increases the life of the loop, reduces the need for me to make up new ones for them and keeps shot loops out of the scrap yard...

Kind of like chipper knives, Running nails and stuff through chipper knives makes them unsharpenable because once sharpened, there isn't enough 'meat' left to use them again. Just canned 4 Bandit knives that looked like they ate rebar. Kind of surprised they didn't stall the chipper or popped a shear bolt.

Latest posts

Back