Looks Like It's Impossible to Find A Lightweight 24" 3/8 .050 Husky Large Mount Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the exact set up I have on my 372, got the bar from weedeaterman on the first run. Hopefully he has some left.

I really hope he has at least one left. I had paid for the 24" Husky bar but we waited and waited and then he sent a refund.

How much does that bar weight ? Any chance you could throw it on the digital scale ?
Thanks

I'd weigh mine for you if I had a digital scale but I don't. It's as light as my 20" total bar. The 32 Sugi is probably a touch lighter than my 28" total.

Weedeaterman has a Sugihara lightweight 24" stihl bar available and will use homelite410 adapater.

Really looking forward to try out this bar. It has been a major production finding a lightweight 24" 3/8 .050 bar for the Husky large mount. Will post of some video of it running when I get the bar.

The 28" bar weighs 3lb 4.2oz, not sure of the 24" bar but it's under 3lbs for sure. Think they said 2lb 7.9oz

Later in that thread we did discuss that the Stihl bar would fit a Husky with spacers... but someone said the oil holes weren't perfect and without a bar in hand... I'm not taking a chance that they will fit and have a bunch of you guys burn up a saw because "I think they will work", sorry.

I have a guy running a Dolmar 6400 with BBkit installed for a mill and he's using the Stihl 32" bar with spacers and it's working fine. However the bar mounting area is an oily mess which tells me its not perfect but does work for this application. I'm watching it closely and if it burns up, that's my problem.

The supplier claims they will work, but when asked if they will warranty a saw that burns up because of that.... I heard a chuckle on the other end and why I didn't pursue getting a Stihl bar with spacers for everybody who wanted a large Husky mount. Getting the right mount is the right answer from a liability standpoint.

I just put another stihl bar on a 372 last night. The bar adapter is one from Bailey's as that's all that was available at the time. It's not a direct swap in that one has to enlarge the chain tension holes on the bar and grind the stud slot towards the bar tip to get the bar to fit correctly. I also grind some out of the oiler holes to get a better alignment on the oil passage. So, to Randy's point, selling a new bar that has the customer grinding to fit correctly would not go over too well with some folks.

I've ran a 24'' stihl mount Sugi on my 372s for awhile with the Baileys bar adapter, works fine.

I think the oil hole not lining up discussion was about trying to adapt a stihl mount bar to the small mount husky.

I really hope he has at least one left. I had paid for the 24" Husky bar but we waited and waited and then he sent a refund.

How much does that bar weight ? Any chance you could throw it on the digital scale ?
Thanks

I missed this some how. I havent had it on a a scale but I can tell you it is much lighter than my stihl ES bar. And honestly from the research I've done finding the weigh on this particular bar is strictly academic at this point because there is no better option. On the HEV sight it does say its 2.79 lbs. Maybe a standard stihl E bar is as light (if they make it in a 24/25) but I doubt its as stiff and I know its not as pretty lol.

Back