Looks like the ms400 has arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 261 and a 462. I was waiting for what seemed like forever to get the 500i, and got tired of waiting, so I just said screw it and got the 462. And in all honesty, the 462 is too heavy for me to carry all day long anymore. Guess I'm getting older. To me, the 462 or 500i and a 261 seemed like the perfect combination. But now that I've got the 462, and realized that it's really too heavy for me, I'm sure the 500i would be too heavy for me as well. But I'd sure love to give fuel injection a try. So, I'd like to ditch the 462 for a 400, and see how that works for me. My property was selectively logged about 12 years ago (before I owned it), so most of the hardwood that I have left is 18" or smaller. So, I think I could probably get away with the 400-261 combination no problem.

There is no real world difference between a 462 and 400 as far as weight goes. It's a couple ounces which I doubt anyone can notice. And obviously you're giving up some power.

Latest posts

Back