Looks Like We lost Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prediction: this whole thing will be a flop. They are doing the same thing to Red Max that they did with Jonsered. They are trying to make the line something it isn't. The mowers are an even more boneheaded move than what they are doing with the saws. Most any good Red Max dealer already has a good commercial mower line or two. And they know the drill here with Husqvarna if that stuff doesn't sell. Husky cancels lines like Proctor and Gamble cancels shampoos. I can't imagine anyone getting enthused about that product.
we were just discussing this and trying to get a game plan together on what we were really going to be interested in doing. And signing up to become a redmax dealer is pretty low on the priority list considering what we have went thru for jred in the last couple years.

what is jred parts availability going to be like for guys like me? will we be forced to sign up with redmax to continue getting parts to service the jred saws/trimmer/mowers we sold or will jred continue with independent dealers so as to continue having warranty and parts channels available to consumers? Next up is my redmax distributor is PED which also used to be jred but they dropped jred when the wheeled products were introduced so when redmax gets wheeled goods will PED drop redmax at that point too? Husky sure knows how to cause confusion and chaos in the distributor/dealer world.

we were just discussing this and trying to get a game plan together on what we were really going to be interested in doing. And signing up to become a redmax dealer is pretty low on the priority list considering what we have went thru for jred in the last couple years.

what is jred parts availability going to be like for guys like me? will we be forced to sign up with redmax to continue getting parts to service the jred saws/trimmer/mowers we sold or will jred continue with independent dealers so as to continue having warranty and parts channels available to consumers? Next up is my redmax distributor is PED which also used to be jred but they dropped jred when the wheeled products were introduced so when redmax gets wheeled goods will PED drop redmax at that point too? Husky sure knows how to cause confusion and chaos in the distributor/dealer world.

Yikes, that's a distribution nightmare up your way. I didn't think jonny and red max had separate distribution anywhere. I'm already a red max dealer, so if I wanted to add the saws, (I don't), or the mowers, ( I REALLY don't), it would be no big deal. But if you have to sign up as a new dealer just to keep the saws it's more complicated. As in how hard are they going to lean on you to take the other products.

And you're correct to wonder if PED will drop Red Max rather than take on the mowers. I think they are pretty big with Exmark, so it's not like they need a mower line. Part of that decision will be how much volume they are doing with red max. If it's a lot more than what they had with Jonsered, you never know. I'd ask them before I did anything. And yeah, what about parts? Your existing Jonny distributor might get canceled/drop out. They aren't going to keep both of them, that's for sure.

PED is the redmax distributor for the upper midwest and used to cover the same area with jred until the wheeled products came along.....story i got was that husky wanted them to drop exmark in favor of carrying the full jred line. as expected they declined and dropped jred but also kept redmax.

enter hayward which was already the distributor for jred and redmax for northwest, they took over PED's territory for jred.

so currently if i want redmax i would have to sign up as a new dealer thru PED but who knows whats going to happen.

Johnsered still going to sell home owner saws just not professional saws , local johnsered dealer told me Redmax saws are going to replace Johnsered professional saws in his shop

My limited experience with the Jred/Redmax line is with a 2255 Jred and a Redmax GZ7000. The 2255 is a 455 rancher and the G7000 is a 575xp. Im failing to see an issue sourcing parts?

I just bought a GZ7100 powerhead for $500 on eBay. For that price, I was willing to take a chance and I see no issue getting parts or service given the saw is a 372 Husqvarna. As far as I'm concerned I just saved $300, who cares what name is on the side.

What is the skinny on this....I was in a Jonsered shop with several on display and asked the guy if that was the end of his stock. He told me nope, no problem getting them. Wasn't sure if he has a bunch in the back room or what.

What is the skinny on this....I was in a Jonsered shop with several on display and asked the guy if that was the end of his stock. He told me nope, no problem getting them. Wasn't sure if he has a bunch in the back room or what.[/QUOTE

I know they are still producing Jonsered saws for Menard's but they are only homeowner saws. Did your shop still have pro models?

Latest posts

Back