Looks Like We lost Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Buddy; definitely more than a rumor. This is happening. Talked to a few guys today and got some more info.

I gotta admit the new saws actually look pretty good. More than just a Red Max decal on a Jonsered. And I'm told it will be the pro stuff; no clamshells.

I'm still not following here. From what you are saying there will still be RED husqvarna saws, only they will be labeled as Red Max instead of Jonsered? Or is a different company going to be producing the saws as well?

guess this is the info i miss when i am gone from the forums for a couple weeks and I have non existent sales reps. At least if they are now going to be rebranding the saws to redmax i will be switching back to a distributor/sales rep i like and that actually cares whats going on.

doesnt make allot of sense to me tho, they just killed off the dixon line, reduced redmax to trimmers/blowers only and expanded the jred line, now they are going to kill off jred and expand redmax? am i following this correctly?

Bob, if a guy wants to hoard a Jonsered or three, how much longer do we have to buy them?
I was in Menards last night, they have s good supply of Jonsered saws.

They have been selling them for some time now and like TSC, the guy i talked to working there said they are not real good sellers.

They can't keep the 5020 Poulans in stock from what i was told and they were out of them again.

I can understand decreasing the number of product lines but why keep Redmax?!

Redmax isn't even a "real" brand name, it is just a "sales" brand used in North America, for mainly Zenoah products.

Zenoah is making chainsaws though, something that hasn't happened on the Jonsereds factory since 1979 or so - and the last models that wasn't a red version of an Husky model disappeared around 2002/2003 (the last ones to go were the 2055, 2077 and 2095, as I recall it).

It started when they had to drop the S.......

Jonsereds as a company still exists. Just sold the chainsaw part.

Basically true - but the "s" didn't go away from the saws immediately after that sale - it still was there as late as 1983, when most Jonsereds models were made at the Partner factory, and Husky had started making the 630 (the first one to be based on an Husky model, the 162SE).

Sorry Buddy; definitely more than a rumor. This is happening. Talked to a few guys today and got some more info.

Is this about what will happen on the North American market, or is it world-wide?

I don't really see Redmax or Zenoah as a viable substitute for Jonsered for their Scandinavian dealers, as most people just haven't heard of those brands here.

Redmax isn't even a "real" brand name, it is just a "sales" brand used in North America, for mainly Zenoah products.

Zenoah is making chainsaws though, something that hasn't happened on the Jonsereds factory since 1979 or so - and the last models that wasn't a red version of an Husky model disappeared around 2002/2003 (the last ones to go were the 2055, 2077 and 2095, as I recall it).

Your right of course but forgot to mention the 2077 being a red Partner.

Your right of course but forgot to mention the 2077 being a red Partner.

True, as far as I know the story.

Some times it can be a bit hard in retrospect to figure out exactly how the cooperation between the Husky, Jonsered and Partner design teams actually worked in the time from right after 1979 to the early 2000s, including who should have the main credit for a certain model.

Niko--US only, not sure about Canada though

Steve--No timetable. The Red Max launch is at the GIE show in Louisville this fall. Lot of stuff in the pipeline yet so there may be deals on it.

And then there's this head scratcher: TSC will still get Jonsered. Info I'm getting is scattered and conflicting. I'm told Red Max gets the pro stuff, and TSC keeps the consumer models. But that may or may not be accurate. I've also heard from another source that Red Max will have some homeowner stuff. I saw a pic of the Red Max version of the 543, and didn't really note what it was. Thought it looked good, but now I'm not sure how much the Jonsered based models will be changed appearance wise.

All in all still an unfolding story.

Prediction: this whole thing will be a flop. They are doing the same thing to Red Max that they did with Jonsered. They are trying to make the line something it isn't. The mowers are an even more boneheaded move than what they are doing with the saws. Most any good Red Max dealer already has a good commercial mower line or two. And they know the drill here with Husqvarna if that stuff doesn't sell. Husky cancels lines like Proctor and Gamble cancels shampoos. I can't imagine anyone getting enthused about that product.

Latest posts

Back