Looks Like We lost Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be willing to bet there is more RedMax product in New Jersey, Long Island, and Connecticut than there is Jonsered product sold by dealers nationwide.
Being a dealer you probably have more insight than I do but that's a pretty steep claim!

Well,, Tilton did what most guys rip Husky and Stihl for not doing. They stayed true to the "mom and pop saw shop" business model. And for a family owned company, it was fine for them. They never sought out the bigger dealers and they never put much effort into developing the product line beyond chainsaws. Husky and Stihl both thought bigger, filling out their product lines and looked to be in full line srores with dozens of feet of wall space for their products, and lots of floor space in Husky's case.

And as far as what was in the works, it was Jonsered, not Red Max that Husqvarna gave first crack at becoming a complete line. They gave them Jonsered lawn mowers, tractors, zero turns, snow blowers and other handheld products, some from Red Max. Obviously that was a flop, as none of those products gained any traction at all. Pretty much a case of too little, too late. But some guys feel they "had it in for Jonsered" all along, but that wasn't the case at all.

Thinking outside of the chainsaw box, like 166 and I have mentioned, Red Max is huge in some very big markets. They are a dominate player in those areas, not taking a back seat to anyone. Jonsered doesn't dominate anywhere, and it's been many years since they did. Hey, I don't like to see it go away. Look at my avatar. But on the business side I totally understand what they are doing.

Very interesting.

I understand the need to reduce brands. Especially when most buyers know they are just getting a red Husqvarna anyhow. I always wondered why Husky didn't just put out an identical saw in red and black rather than a saw that looked completely different on the outside down to different handlebars, choke mechanisms, etc.

Off topic but I always wondered why Buick was the chosen model to stay when it seemed Pontiac had the most top selling models such as Grand Am and Grand Prix.

I guess if I want a 2260 I may have to act soon!!!

Latest posts

Back