Loose Muffler Husquavarna 350 **** sorry the search is broken*****

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS396driver
he is my fix for both my 350's . No matter what i did the bolts backed off after a few minutes of running

wood013.jpg

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've been lucky. I keep checking my 350's muffler bolts everytime before I use it and they are always tight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

mhddist3

mhddist3

ArboristSite Lurker
Loose Muffler Husquavarna 350 **** sorry the search is broken**

I got 6mm x 100mm threaded rod and retapped the 5mm x .80 block holes without drilling(do it slow and careful) in order to get as much thread as possible. I then drilled the muffler holes with a 15/64 drill for a snug sliding fit. Loctite will not help as it won't withstand the heat generated by the engine. I then gently peened the threads on the rod until it was too difficult to turn with my fingers, double nutted the rod and turned it into the block. After gently tapping the muffler over the rods with a rubber hammer (make sure you have the shields and gasket in place) I used nuts and lock washers to snug everything down. Ran it for 2-3 minutes, retightened the nuts and peened over the exposed threads against the nuts while hot. No more problems with what is a pretty darned good saw!

crunchie58

crunchie58

ArboristSite Lurker
I've been lucky. I keep checking my 350's muffler bolts everytime before I use it and they are always tight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Holly jumpin'. How old is that saw? It looks brand new. How can you saw wood and keep it that spotless. Mine looks like death warmed over. You didn't even have any scuff marks on the bar.

crunchie58

crunchie58

ArboristSite Lurker
View attachment 236850Couldn't find any small steel in the garage. Took a stove bolt and grinded off the head. "It ain't pretty it just looks that way". Time will tell if this set up stops the bolts from loosening:rock:. Is welding my trade? I think not, lol. In fact, don't have a trade:msp_ohmy:. I do a little bit of everything and a lot of nothing:eek:uttahere2:.
I'm trying to learn how to insert the image itself, not just the file name.

View attachment 236847
2248df2c.jpg

Last edited:
crunchie58

crunchie58

ArboristSite Lurker
My mod to350 muffler

Had no small steel in the garage, used a stove bolt and ground off the head to the desired length. Is welding my trade, I think not:msp_ohmy: I just hope that this will do the trick. I ran it to heat up the cylinder. Time will tell.

2248df2c.jpg

Latest posts