losing down pressure on splitter...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any small engine shop would be able to make that correction right??? I'm not to happy with the service center, not to mention it's 40 minutes from my house. I know my local small engine guy who deals sthil, echo, simplicity, and some others is top notch. He doesn't sell much when it comes to splitters though.

valve

I found that my pressure relief valve had worked it's self out and it only had to be readjusted. but now that they have changed it out you will never know but it would be wise to check the setting.

After a month of my splitter being at the service center it is finally home. It was a control valve problem. They replaced it, which the part was on back ordered.

After trying it out for a while it seems like it doesn't have as much as power as when I first got it. It wasn't going through some different oak, which when i first got i thought it would go through damn anything. I don't know, unless its just me and now i've found some knarly wood that it ( and other splitters) would have trouble with.

Thanks for the help guys!

TSC did not fix the splitter they (farmed) it out to a local small engine shop!!!
Speedco was having problems with the pressure relief on the oil filter base on all models this year!!!Check your suction hose and make sure its open also take the filter base off and make sure the relief valve is still there,not missing or crooked!!
EX TSC EMPLOYEE:cheers:

Back