Lousy hunting....So i watched these guys.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
too hot to hunt the first two days so i sat around and watched these loggers. Pretty cool stuff. They put in some long hours and are really good at operating those machines. Especially the guy that delimbs the trees. Wish i had a video camera but the still pics will have to do. Will take a while to load all of them.

attachment.php

Of course i get to clown around a little when nothing is operating.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I really enjoyed watching them and talked to a couple of them. Mentioned chainsaws and they don't even carry one. they were some really nice guys, Looked like a lot of fun to me.

Funny the driver did not have a saw, as you would think that it could sure cure a log that was not obeying the rules and hanging out too far? If you will note, the skidder is curing one in your pictures. )

Few years ago my dad, nephew and I stopped to watch an operation. The feller-buncher was done, the skidder operator was way ahead of the slasher and stopped to chat. When he needed to make another run he asked if my nephew would like to 'help' , didn't have to ask twice!

He made one of the happiest 8 year-olds ever! Riding in the skidder as he passed our camera the driver let his steer over the windrows of tops.

Ear - to - ear grin I tell you!

Thanks for the pictures, it is to few and far between for me to spend a few watching cool operations!

Thanks!

Funny the driver did not have a saw, as you would think that it could sure cure a log that was not obeying the rules and hanging out too far? If you will note, the skidder is curing one in your pictures. )

Few years ago my dad, nephew and I stopped to watch an operation. The feller-buncher was done, the skidder operator was way ahead of the slasher and stopped to chat. When he needed to make another run he asked if my nephew would like to 'help' , didn't have to ask twice!

He made one of the happiest 8 year-olds ever! Riding in the skidder as he passed our camera the driver let his steer over the windrows of tops.

Ear - to - ear grin I tell you!

Thanks for the pictures, it is to few and far between for me to spend a few watching cool operations!

Thanks!
They used that skidder for about everthing, even to push the loaded semis out of the mud. He was pulling a log off the side with it. You would think they would keep a saw handy but he said none of then even carry one on the trucks.

Must be all for pulp huh?? I guess a guy could run those through a Scragg-mill and chip waste.

Thanks for the cool pics mang! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back