Low compression, husky 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a mistake. I forgot to put the needle bearing in when mounting the piston. That's probably the culprit?

I would double check that rod end as I cannot see a rod not getting banged to hell and back missing the bearings...might want to invest in a new crank and rod...

I didn't run it long. Just a few minutes while tuning the carb.

That's long enough! That had to have made a HORRIBLE racket. I'm surprised it ran at all. I can't imagine the rod not being damaged.

Wait... I'm confused here. All of this talk of noise. Was the noise from the rim sprocket banging around between the oiler washer and drum or the piston pin banging around in the rod:dizzy::dizzy::wtf:??

You might want to check that crank rod with a micrometer. I'm surprised it didnt fill the crank case with metal shavings, or did it?

You might want to check that crank rod with a micrometer. I'm surprised it didnt fill the crank case with metal shavings, or did it?
actually have a machinist turn you a go/no go gauge on a lathe, with the small bore of the bearing and pin it would be difficult to actually mic it...

Really? I had no dog in this fight, and the last one was just a joke. I'm not brand bias, I just don't like Husqvarna.
well at least you aren't bashful about it... so tell me or better yet point to the place on the chart where the bad husky hurt your feelings....... ha ha ha ha ha.

well at least you aren't bashful about it... so tell me or better yet point to the place on the chart where the bad husky hurt your feelings....... ha ha ha ha ha.

I just said it because some tool pulled me into this topic. We have 4 Huskies. I apologize to the original poster because I had no intention of coming into this topic.

I just said it because some tool pulled me into this topic. We have 4 Huskies. I apologize to the original poster because I had no intention of coming into this topic.
Dude, just joking, don't ever take me too serious.... Just poking fun at everything...have faith on that one :)

Latest posts

Back