Lowes has poulon poo pro 4218 for $42

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this thread should be deleted. It's just awful to see anybody buy a poulan. At any price!
:) (attempted humor light was on)
N

We have many Echo dealers in the region......which explains the the ballooned inventory of Poulan Pro's at Our local Lowes. Lol

What's happened to this site???

You’re missing the real opportunity here for a memesaw. 8” bar from a pruner? Totally open muff ported with a hand file and covered in my little pony stickers? Sky is the limit for a $42 brand new saw with two year warranty

I just got one here in NC. $42+ tax picked up at the store. Thanks for the tip. Not the greatest saw ever but you cant beat it for that price.

Cheap shoe laces break. No bargain.
Cheap toilet paper breaks, and you soil your fingers.
Stop this poulan nonsense. Poulan company has to pay extra, to build sorry saws. It just rubs my "do your best" bristles the wrong way.
Please. This is the only USA saw, and it's just awful!
Y'all is hurtin's me feelins'.
Thank you.
N

This would be a good project saw. If you want to try your hand at porting, moding or whatever. If you screw up a cylinder replacements are plenty and cheap.
True, but if you're going to pull it apart anyway there's lots of Husky 350s out there for around the same money, with even more part options.

True, but if you're going to pull it apart anyway there's lots of Husky 350s out there for around the same money, with even more part options.

Really I can't find a husky 350 for sale around me for under $250. I think it would be a fun project, but not for that kinda momey.

Really I can't find a husky 350 for sale around me for under $250. I think it would be a fun project, but not for that kinda momey.
Are you in Doster, MI? If so, I've bought three not running between $20 and $50 within an hour of you in the last two years. I bought a beautiful running 345 last summer for a neighbor for $80 in Charlotte. Like I said, if you're pulling them apart anyway you might as well buy non runners. They're not available always when you want them, but neither are Poulan forty-whatevers. For a little more you can usually find one here:

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=husqvarna+350+for+parts&_sop=16

Just what I am seeing on Craigslist. I haven't found a source for non runners in the area. I suppose I really don't have time for a non runner, sounds fun but I have two kids under two right now.

Just what I am seeing on Craigslist. I haven't found a source for non runners in the area. I suppose I really don't have time for a non runner, sounds fun but I have two kids under two right now.
I understand. I was speaking under the context of picking up one of the cheapie Poulans to port. If someone had to have something to cut wood right now it might do. BTW there's a "must sell" 350 in the Lansing CL 14 days old.

I'm surprised you know of doster. Spend most of my time in Kalamazoo or Allegan

TBH most non runners just have carb issues. And even if it needs a new jug. So you rebuild it port it. What was it like with stock power? Who knows. I mean frankly even if you're "anti Poulan", $42 has to be a net loss for them. So buy one to stick it to em, run it stock. Then play with porting and now you have a before-after.

But either way I'm a good solid American capitalist. You cannot deny the market for these poulans

Years ago, I was in a Target Store and they were clearing out some Poulan chainsaws. I bought the last two they had on display.

42cc Wood Shark, Model 2150 I think. Anyways, I bought one for myself and one for my step-son. I'm thinking they were like $57.00 or so. I also found some bars / chains for them @ a Walmart, for very, very cheap. Pennies on the dollar actually. Bought all they had for sale.

I sold mine a few years later for $100.00. :)

Back