mac 10-10 and 3-10s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfin

Fish & Chips!!!
Reaction score
Found a gentlman with one running 10-10 and one complete for parts. Also has a 3-10.

Says if they aren't gone by friday they are going "away"? Are these worth my time to even drive if he gives them to me?

Are they desirable in the least to anyone?

I enjoy the 10-10s for a little bit, pretty neat to run as those around at least know you're running a chainsaw.

How far you driving?

In the chainsaw stickies section, there's a whole thread dedicated to the 10 series saws... :)

The three saws that always seem to be given to me...... and i always take them are Homlite 330s (has anyone ever seen one with a good intake???), Mac 10-10 and the always popular xl-12.

I think they made 1 billion xl-12's and 999,999,990 are still around!

Indeed you should. The 10-10's are very respected. Everybody I have ever known that owned one has said they were "the runninest saws they ever had...and also loudest."

I just paid 60 bucks for a pro Mac 10-10 at a local pawn. Runs like a champ but the gas tank leaks.

Indeed you should. The 10-10's are very respected. Everybody I have ever known that owned one has said they were "the runninest saws they ever had...and also loudest."

I just paid 60 bucks for a pro Mac 10-10 at a local pawn. Runs like a champ but the gas tank leaks.

Two words for this: Red-Kote

Warped: I have a replacement gasket on the way. Should I still use this Red-Kote or just put in the new gasket with no sealer?

Warped: Are you able to just put the Red-Kote in the groove where the tank halves meet so it doesn't look ugly and it's hidden? This pro-Mac I picked up looks fairly pristine. Thanks!

After you clean the tank, you pour in the RK and slowly slosh it around. Then drain off the excess and allow it to dry ...

Latest posts

Back