Mac 2-10 out of commision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This afternoon I had an incident with my 2-10. One of the springs for a pawl apparently broke. I started the saw after re-fueling and it ran for about two minutes then locked up. I took the recoil off and the pawl fell out, the post was broke. What pizzes me off is that I had already cut two trees and was working on a third, a large oak. Fortunately I had two other saws with me. Can anyone direct me to a place where I can find a new clutch Assembly, or at least the parts that I need?:bang: :censored:

You might have to go on epray and get a 2-10 for parts to fix yours, otherwise, replacing parts would be expensive as can be, plus with the parts saw, you've got enough extras to save you money down the road when other stuff breaks.

This is from an old thread. I haven't tried to contact him, but kept the number. Good luck.
Bob's Lawnmower Service
7632 State Hwy 7
Maryland, NY 12116-3201
607-638-9297

If anyone has a 2-10 that they would like to get rid of, PM me, I would be interested!

Dave

PM'd you with a possibilty. The most important thing though is if your saw is left or right hand pull. Clutch side or flywheel side?

I'm pretty sure 99% of 2-10s were right hand start, most of the left hand starter equipped 10 series saws were more likely the 10-10 series saws of later production.

Lawn Masters said:
I'm pretty sure 99% of 2-10s were right hand start, most of the left hand starter equipped 10 series saws were more likely the 10-10 series saws of later production.

Darn right. There are just soooo many 10 series saws out there, and I've seen all kinds of parts combos. I'm sure mostly recombining of parts saws but who knows? All of the virgin 1-10 and 2-10 saws I've had or seen have been RHP.

toolfreak said:
If anyone has a 2-10 that they would like to get rid of, PM me, I would be interested!

Dave

If you're still interested, I've got a 2-10 that I'd sell.

I PM'd you....

Dave

Latest posts

Back