MAC Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53 said:
So find me a NEW Stihl 056 super (54mm) pisiton! I actually bought an aftermarket 056 piston.. total crap... sending back.. lose pin, over weight... these aftermarket parts are going to bury a lot of neat old saws, and not just stihls..

Whats the part number, I'll fire up the E-sales right now and see if they have one down in NC. Seems your distributors and mine do carry things that each other does not. Give me the number...

Lakeside53 said:
Thall, don't worry about Ultra, they'll all be old saws soon enough :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Ultra doesn't say a whole lot on here but I know for a fact he has the saw fever some kind of bad. He's been collecting 660/066's like crazy lately. I promised him I would not tell his wife,hehe.

THALL10326 said:
Ultra doesn't say a whole lot on here but I know for a fact he has the saw fever some kind of bad. He's been collecting 660/066's like crazy lately. I promised him I would not tell his wife,hehe.

Ya giving a 660 to my brother so his saws wont so be lonely..

He'll just buy her another tractor to keep her quiet, or another welding helmet lololol

Hey, talking about 031's... Got to rebuild a carb on one that had less then 1 hour of use ever!!!! Stored in the house and in it's case for 25 years. Damn, it ran so welll...

Lakeside53 said:
He'll just buy her another tractor to keep here quiet, or another welding helmet lololol

Yup she was eyeing up the HT 101 tonite..We were doing storm damage clean up and she just had to try it out..If I can get her hooked I'll be able to buy even more..LOL

Lakeside53 said:
He'll just buy her another tractor to keep her quiet, or another welding helmet lololol

Hey, talking about 031's... Got to rebuild a carb on one that had less then 1 hour of use ever!!!! Stored in the house and in it's case for 25 years. Damn, it ran so welll...

Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cool beans on the 031, wow, now thats something. Did you try to pull it away from the customer, I know I would have. I would have said uhhhhhhhhh ya sure you want this old saw, its really old you know, should be on a shelf somewhere, like in MY SHED,lol.
Hey Lake I got the part number for the 56mm 056 piston, 1115-030-2003, I'm going to check now if Mid-Atlantic has one , holds on....

THALL10326 said:
Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cool beans on the 031, wow, now thats something. Did you try to pull it away from the customer, I know I would have. I would have said uhhhhhhhhh ya sure you want this old saw, its really old you know, should be on a shelf somewhere, like in MY SHED,lol.
Hey Lake I got the part number for the 56mm 056 piston, 1115-030-2003, I'm going to check now if Mid-Atlantic has one , holds on....

errrr.... the 54mm piston...

Nope, let the old guy have it... maybe he'll leave it to me in his will.

04ultra said:
Yup she was eyeing up the HT 101 tonite..We were doing storm damage clean up and she just had to try it out..If I can get her hooked I'll be able to buy even more..LOL

Get her hooked on chain sharpening.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm putting the saw attachment on a KM130.. more UMPH.... Might even go for a longer bar, or a real chain.

Lakeside53 said:
errrr.... the 54mm piston...

Nope, let the old guy have it... maybe he'll leave it to me in his will.

Bingo on the 56mm piston, they have it. Now I gotta look again for the 54mm, grrrrrrrrrrrrr,lol, hold on..

04ultra said:
That works lika a charm! My better half wanted another bird feeder so I let her run the miter saw, brad nailer, ... she was digging it.

Lakeside53 said:
O.k., I see you guys looking at this thread.. what do you have for moderately expensive (or above) hobbies?

Lake,
Well, now that you mention it... The hobby that got me really into saws in the first place... Woodworking (furniture) and Woodturning. One expensive hobby seems to lead to another, and another... And their all addictive. In my case, my saws "feed" my other addictions. After spending time here, I now find myself looking at saws I have no need for, but just gotta' have (Thanks by the way y'all for that).;) :help: I'm now a bonified, card caryin' saw junkie:rock:

LarryTheCableGuy said:
That works lika a charm! My better half wanted another bird feeder so I let her run the miter saw, brad nailer, ... she was digging it.

Brave brave man... :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mine's NOT running my lathes! ever :help:

THALL10326 said:
Bingo on the 56mm piston, they have it. Now I gotta look again for the 54mm, grrrrrrrrrrrrr,lol, hold on..

No luck on the 54mm, 1115-030-2002, no longer a valid number at Mid-Atlantic Stihl, sorry Lake.....

Turner said:
Lake,
Well, now that you mention it... The hobby that got me really into saws in the first place... Woodworking (furniture) and Woodturning. One expensive hobby seems to lead to another, and another... And their all addictive. In my case, my saws "feed" my other addictions. After spending time here, I now find myself looking at saws I have no need for, but just gotta' have (Thanks by the way y'all for that).;) :help: I'm now a bonified, card caryin' saw junkie:rock:

YES, another convert...

you are right.. maybe it's us.. but one addiction sure feeds the other. I can' t imagine how much I'l pretend not to spend on machine tools just so I can make parts... but on the other hand, think of the 500 class saw I can make... uh oh...

Damn, I just got a wood lathe also... You telling me THAT's going to get expensive as well?;)

Lakeside53 said:
Yes, another convert...

you are right.. maybe it's us.. but one addiction sure feeds the other. I can' t imagine how much I'l pretend not to spend on machine tools just so I can make parts... but on the other hand, think of the 500 class saw I can make uh oh...

Damn, I just got a wood lathe also... You telling me THAT's going to get expensive as well?;)

Lake,

My wood lathe is by far the most costly tool in my shop. It's not the lathe itself thats the killer, it's the peripherals. Especially if you diversify into platters, hollow forms, large diameter bowls, etc. I guarantee I have at least 2-3 times the cost of the lathe in this stuff. Dude, your doomed:clap:

If I had all the money I spent getting "free wood", I'd be a rich man:hmm3grin2orange:

Now if I can just keep myself away from Hotsaws...:D

Last edited:
Lakeside53 said:
So... keep ya eye's peeled...

I'll make a call down there tomorrow, they have a way of getting things that are not available, they've found me many parts they don't carry but they won't tell me where or how they get them. I'll put them to task on your piston tomorrow.......................

Back