MAC Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe i may have to take it easy on ya"s and bring the whole tribe.

no3a_797x388.jpg

ozflea said:
Maybe i may have to take it easy on ya"s and bring the whole tribe.

no3a_797x388.jpg

Impressive Bob, I must admit I'm starting to likes ya ,lololol. How much money does it cost to build one of those????

ozflea said:
I had a fair break from racing because of family commitments but now i'm again a single fella i'm getting back into it out here in OZ.

Cool. So Bob how much does it cost to build one of those hot saws???

How much money does it cost to build one of those????

Since i don't chase bad women i have a few pennies to spare alas i lost count and don't keep score on what i spend it's a pet love and these babies get looked after.

ozflea said:

Since i don't chase bad women i have a few pennies to spare alas i lost count and don't keep score on what i spend it's a pet love and these babies get looked after.

It's always hard to put a price on fun..

ozflea said:

So Bob how much does it cost to build one of those PET LOVES,lol, ball park figure would be fine....

THALL10326 said:
Lake I know I'm old and all but by Joe it I recall Korrectly, most everyone has two eyes, am I needing better glasses or am I seeing only one eye on your posts,lololol

In the darkest of nights a good spy always keeps one eye closed incase of a blinding from a sudden flash... :hmm3grin2orange:

Be Prepared!

ozflea said:
Anyway Thall gotta buzz i'll catchya tomorrow as i have a lady to call.

lolol, and he said he was a free man,lol, just messing with Bob, great saw collection.................

Lakeside53 said:
In the darkest of nights a good spy always keeps one eye closed incase of a blinding from a sudden flash... :hmm3grin2orange:

Be Prepared!

lol, ok, glad you cleared that up. Tell me Lake since Bob would not, how much money is involved to build a saw like Bob's, I'm thinking in the thousands but really have no clue. I know you have seen race saws alot more than me cause I have never seen one. Whats your take on the costs??

coveredinsap said:
Great pictures Mc Bob. And very nice looking saws too.
Very nice looking saws , no question about it. Bob is quite a charactor, funny as hell and good natured as can be.

THALL10326 said:
lol, ok, glad you cleared that up. Tell me Lake since Bob would not, how much money is involved to build a saw like Bob's, I'm thinking in the thousands but really have no clue. I know you have seen race saws alot more than me cause I have never seen one. Whats your take on the costs??

To quote Visa... "Priceless"....

If you don't count the hours you could be making money, its not that much more than any other expensive hobby. Heck, I just bought an Emco lathe (not ENCO). Been dialing the planet looking for a couple of parts the proir owners kids misplaced.. I lie awake at night thinking that somehere on this blue jewel, there is a number 3 external chuck jaw lying on the back of a workbench or buried in landfill... Then there's the steady rest, the travelling rest, the millng attachment, the... Then I can turn my own bathroom cabinet knobs! It's only money...

Next, the restoration of the 1970's Bridgeport mill ... already got the three phase converter...

O.k., I see you guys looking at this thread.. what do you have for moderately expensive (or above) hobbies?

Lakeside53 said:
To quote Visa... "Priceless"....

If you don't count the hours you could be making money, its not that much more than any other expensive hobby. Heck, I just bought an Emco lathe (not ENCO). Been dialing the planet looking for a couple of parts the proir owners kids misplaced.. I lie awake at night thinking that somehere on this blue jewel, there is a number 3 external chuck jaw lying on the back of a workbench or buried in landfill... Then there's the steady rest, the travelling rest, the millng attachment, the... Then I can turn my own bathroom cabinet knobs! It's only money...

Next, the restoration of the 1970's Bridgeport mill ... already got the three phase converter...

O.k., I see you guys looking at this thread.. what do you have for moderately expensive (or above) hobbies?

Lake damn you, that doesn't answer my question, lolol. I do see what you mean however, somethings have no price. My only hobbies is tinkering with saws. Got 21 now and still messing with them just because its something I like to do. I could care less if a jug & piston cost me 200.00 to put a Stihl back the way it was, I like doing it. I never use anything without the Stihl logo on it as parts and they have to be brand new as well. Newest hobby seems to be playing with older Stihls. The new ones, heck everyone has them, I sorta make sure of that,hehe, I like getting the older ones now. Just bought a 031 for $25.00 and I don't care if it costs 500.00 to restore it, like you say its only money.....

THALL10326 said:
Lake damn you, that doesn't answer my question, lolol. I do see what you mean however, somethings have no price. My only hobbies is tinkering with saws. Got 21 now and still messing with them just because its something I like to do. I could care less if a jug & piston cost me 200.00 to put a Stihl back the way it was, I like doing it. I never use anything without the Stihl logo on it as parts and they have to be brand new as well. Newest hobby seems to be playing with older Stihls. The new ones, heck everyone has them, I sorta make sure of that,hehe, I like getting the older ones now. Just bought a 031 for $25.00 and I don't care if it costs 500.00 to restore it, like you say its only money.....

So find me a NEW Stihl 056 super (54mm) piston! I actually bought an aftermarket 056 piston.. total crap... sending back.. loose pin, over weight... these aftermarket parts are going to bury a lot of neat old saws, and not just stihls..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back