Mac Timber Bear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarolar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im working on one of these saws that I picked up today for 6 bucks. Guy at work rebuilt the carb replaced the fuel line, filter, and plug then routed the coil wire back over the flywheel. The saw ran for him momentarily the when the insulation wore off it quit running and he got discouraged and I ended up with it.

Got that fixed now I'm struggling getting it running for fuel issues. I have it idling perfect and it comes off idle beautifully but dies when it comes back down. It's pretty tough to start too. I am seeing air bubbles coming through the fuel line is that normal? What direction should I head from here the rebuild is iffy on the carb so I'm considering rebuilding it again with a master kit but it idles so nice I wonder if its needed. Can you buy a complete rebuilt carb for this saw?

I'd replace the fuel line and check for improvement. Shouldn't be seeing air bubbles. Peace of mind going forward even if you do end up having to rebuild the carb.

Ill snap some pics today after work. The fuel line is supposedly already new but I'll replace it again. The carb is a Walbro HDB fwiw

Oh and compression was 180 is that sufficient?

Back