Making a gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmosabi

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Homelite XL2 I am trying to fix up. I need a new carb gasket because the other has bit the dust and I cant find one on the internet anywhere. Where can I get a piece of gasket that I can cut to shape that can work?

gasketing

trimmmed said:
Try your local autoparts supply. They should have some in varying thicknesses.

Yep, I agree. I do it all of the time on the old Briggs engines that I mess with. I actually made a head gasket out of tag board (about like a cereal box) for a Briggs that I wanted to get running w/o spending any $$.$$ on it. It worked fine for my test. I doubt that it would be durable in the long term! :)

dave

have you tried ebay? i just got a bunch of stuff for my homelite XL12 restoration. in the planning stages of making an XL12 hotsaw. but thats mainly for entertainment and advertising porposes. going to have a double ended bar made and mod 2 rebuilt XL12s and play around at some logging shows. ive found LOTS of homelite stuff on ebay and other suppliers. no shortage of XL series stuff.

NOS parts i found on ebay:
3 air filters
2 intake manifolds
3 air filter gaskets
2 fuel cap gaskets
all in the orig homelite packages.

Latest posts

Back