Makita 6401 Big Bore Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, sadly Al is correct (this cyberbullying and sarcasm has to stop Al ;) ) The first time I was a bit hesitant but it really is easier then you think.

Al, you know I had a Mini and have fully rebuilt about 4 mini motors don't you? If you can easily remove a mini motor without 5 knuckles per finger and 4 elbows per arm you're doing well!

I bought a mini a hell of a long time ago for $75. It was running on 3 cyl's. I replaced the head gasket and it went well. Over time the rear engine mount was failing. I had to get the cold chisel out and cut some room for the gear lever. Every week I had to cut a little more. Eventually the carby was hitting the firewall. There was this huge speed drain that used to divert storm water. Sometimes this would get quite flooded with cars drowned in it. I used line up the mini and floor it. You should have seen how much water came through that hole in the floor! It would make it to the other side only just as the front wheels would bite (front wheel drive) much to onlookers disgust! ;)

Yeah sorry Henry, have a go yourself mate and save your dollars for a bag of mixed lollies! :cheers:

Last edited:
$50 sounds a lot better to me for just a P&C swap.
50 sounds great if your doin it in your garage at home and working with a clean saw . lets not forget a shop has to pay its tech and all the goverments fees. at 65 to 75 per hour that dont seem to unreasonable

50 sounds great if your doin it in your garage at home and working with a clean saw . lets not forget a shop has to pay its tech and all the goverments fees. at 65 to 75 per hour that dont seem to unreasonable

If it's 65 - 75 bucks per hour or part there of, that's all it should cost him on a clean saw and no other unsuspecting issues.

Latest posts

Back