Makita 6401 ex rentals...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Reaction score
Hi gents.
I have a customer chasing an ex rental 6401 to fit with a BB kit. Unfortunately in Australia we can't get these saws ex rental like you guys so if anybody has one for sale please either reply or PM me.
Any help appreciated and I couldn't make head nor tails of the classified section so apologies for posting here instead.
Would rather one in good condition if possible but all conditions considered.
Thanks heaps :)
Matt

My local home depot has one for $260. I just picked one up there about a month ago for $180. I was gonna wait for a while until the price dropped. They are nice saws. I want to keep one stock and put a big bore on the other.

I'll keep an eye out also for you Matt, thats how I found my ex-rental 6401 and it sure was worth it :msp_thumbup:

We have some reseller around here that buys ALL the ex rental HD equip, can't seem to even come close to a 6401 or anything else lately.

I have a 6401 I am thinking about selling. It was a rental, but the fine folks at HD made an error when I called the first time by listing it for sale. Went to the store, employee said that boss made a mistake- that it only had 10 rentals (and looked new), but would sell it anyway as it was the boss's rear end, not his.
So there ya go, I have a 6401 that couldnt be in better shape. I dont know that it is very far out of break in, if that. Incredible saw, but havent been using it since the 261.

Thanks for the replies guys :cheers:

I have a 6401 I am thinking about selling. It was a rental, but the fine folks at HD made an error when I called the first time by listing it for sale. Went to the store, employee said that boss made a mistake- that it only had 10 rentals (and looked new), but would sell it anyway as it was the boss's rear end, not his.
So there ya go, I have a 6401 that couldnt be in better shape. I dont know that it is very far out of break in, if that. Incredible saw, but havent been using it since the 261.

Sounds good. If you can possibly email me some details and photos to the address in my sig that'd be great mate :cheers:

Back