Makita 6401's...a steal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper Dan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just thought I'd give you all a heads up....some "buy it nows" on e-bay for $369.00 & $19.00 shipping.

Do a search on 6401 or Makita.

You just saved me over a hundred dollars. Many thanks. I was in the process of buying one of these saws from Bailey's. At $499 it seemed like a good buy. At $369, it is a super steal.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up....some "buy it nows" on e-bay for $369.00 & $19.00 shipping.

Do a search on 6401 or Makita.

I just ordered my 2nd Makita 6401. I really like the saw and would like to upgrade one to 79cc or ? I payed $361 plus shipping plus tax for a total of $410 to my home. I got it on e-bay. David

Ran the heck out of it when it was a 6401, liked it. Switched it over to a 7901. I didn't htink it was going to be that much of a difference, I was VERY wrong. Great saw transformed into something really nice now...

Enjoy

Jason

Jason
Besides the piston and cylinder head, was there anything else needed for the modification? Also how much did it cost you for the parts?

Back