• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita 7900 PHO - $375 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jutt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Up for grabs is my Makita 6400 with OEM Mahle 7900 P&C and HD air kit (PHO). I installed the 7900 top end, new decomp, OEM gasket, new black hat and a new OEM carb around 6 years ago. She's had around 40 hours ran since then. I very recently replaced the leaky green oil lines with brand new black oil lines I just got from Nate.

Runs fantastic and starts on the 3rd pull every time. Has always been ultra reliable but I find myself running my much lighter 550xp 80% of the time so I'm selling this and another saw to fund a new 2260/562xp or maybe even a 6100...who knows. I'll probably regret selling and will buy another 7900 next year:)

One problem: I was working on pulling the muffler off to take pics of the piston and stripped the head of the bottom left torx bolt trying to get it off. Some idiot must of torqued the crap out of it 6 years ago when he put the muffler back onto the new 7900 cylinder. The saw is also a bit oily/dirty from the previously leaking green lines (that have since been replaced with new black lines).

Looking to get $375 shipped to the lower 48.

dolmar1.jpg dolmar3.jpg dolmar2.jpg

Up for grabs is my Makita 6400 with OEM Mahle 7900 P&C and HD air kit (PHO). I installed the 7900 top end, new decomp, OEM gasket, new black hat and a new OEM carb around 6 years ago. She's had around 40 hours ran since then. I very recently replaced the leaky green oil lines with brand new black oil lines I just got from Nate.

Runs fantastic and starts on the 3rd pull every time. Has always been ultra reliable but I find myself running my much lighter 550xp 80% of the time so I'm selling this and another saw to fund a new 2260/562xp or maybe even a 6100...who knows. I'll probably regret selling and will buy another 7900 next year:)

One problem: I was working on pulling the muffler off to take pics of the piston and stripped the head of the bottom left torx bolt trying to get it off. Some idiot must of torqued the crap out of it 6 years ago when he put the muffler back onto the new 7900 cylinder. The saw is also a bit oily/dirty from the previously leaking green lines (that have since been replaced with new black lines).

Looking to get $375 shipped to the lower 48.

View attachment 610245 View attachment 610247 View attachment 610246

You have no idea how bad I wish you had posted this one day sooner.

Latest posts

Back