Makita DCS5121 vs. Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to put too fine a point on it but if the idjit who went on my ignore list after questioning my advice about the mcv51 being the 5105 is reading this thread, can you hear this or do I need to turn it up?
That there is pretty darn funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

Be careful when you're IDing cylinders. The top of my 5105 cylinder looks like the 179-130-215 cylinder but it has the transfer bulge visible on the left side behind the flywheel. The right side is hidden behind the chain brake cover. The parts list I have says it should be a 181-130-215 cylinder and piston kit.

Be careful when you're IDing cylinders. The top of my 5105 cylinder looks like the 179-130-215 cylinder but it has the transfer bulge visible on the left side behind the flywheel. The right side is hidden behind the chain brake cover. The parts list I have says it should be a 181-130-215 cylinder and piston kit.

Attachments

• Dolmar5105 cylinder.jpg
    Dolmar5105 cylinder.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Both pics I posted are the same part number 181 130 217, but clearly the attachment point for the handlebar near the top of the cylinder is different.

Attachments

• 5105cyl2.jpg
    5105cyl2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 17
I have a 5105 and the odd thing is the top of the cylinder looks like the one on the right and the bottom looks like the one on the left.
bottom of the cylinder is the important part. no fins and rounded bulge at the bottom indicates closed port 5100/5105 cylinder

This isn't a great picture, but you can see the red arrow pointing to the 5105's transfer bulge.

5105-transfer-bulge.jpg

Actually, I am thinking a nice vacation in some far off warmer country (like Romania?) would be preferable to this deep-freeze I find myself in these days. And to think I have made fun of @GCJenks204 for living in the coldest city in the world :(

It's a very light winter this year. Less wood consumption yaaaay!

Ps: Dahmer is not romanian name

Back