Makita dolkita dcs6421 rev limiter sound? Video clip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I’m NOT BELIEVING YOUR BS..... your just a chart quoted and NO practical experiance...
Right Steve no more of you BS because your GULL OF IT AND YOURSELF....
You apparently know everything and all....oh master.....you need to get in the real world Ana’s reality....you have NO CLUE what your saying and only quoting specs and charts.

Enough of your crap......
I have more experience than you and a LOT more common sense, if your saw is cutting faster at 12500 your running a crap chain which doesn't use the saws power. Steve

Hahahahaha.....I rather dought that Steve... more experiance......hahahaha.....worked at a sawmill staying out of the way of loaders. I've been in the field for over 30 years using saws.... I repair them build them and use them.....
Yes and my saw at 12,5 is cutting a LOT faster then your putt putt at 9,5. My chains are not cra and I will compare mine to yours any day big shot. Your leaving to much on the table running at your speed when their capable of a lot more. If your so niave to belive you can out cut me at you speed so be it. Apperently you've never been in the real world of saw use... not triming butt and ends but falling trees beside a 230kv Transmission line, or pulling overhang over a 3 phase hanging from a rope...... I know my saws and what they can do and know I can rely on them to do when I'm pulling a tree and need to cut part of a hinge at a given time.
You can quote all the Factory speal you like but when your in the real world you realize the saw way more capable then what's it says on paper. Don't be so blind to the fact that what the factory says isn't gospel or even true fact. They are true facts for a factory compiled results on tests done at the factory, by the factory and an average of what can be expected. Factories make good says and bad saws of the same model.....whether it's changes in milling, assembly or what have you.
I'd love to take your money all day thinking your saws are faster running slower. I do understand they have an optimal hp/torque rpm....but did you look at the rest of the results from higher rpm's......it doesn't fall off that much and with faster rpm's your making up for any loss.

Appolagies to the OP and the thread for a TOTAL Derail.....
Was trying to help and relay what I hear and know to help correct the situation.
Its ok. It was amusing. Paper racing. Bench racing. It's kind of like readings on stereo amplifiers with all the bunch of ******** to look good the reality is what does it really do

Got to agree with that set the mixture screws first then try with a couple of 3/4 secs WOT bursts out of wood ,should sound like a misfire
I'm not going to play around with it until after I remove the catalytic converter out of the muffler and I got to order a new bar for this saw too

The engine needs the proper air fuel ratio at a particular rpm to make maximum power. The rpm alone means nothing.
True but I think some people just like to argue. It's kind of like the old saying that Carroll Shelby used to say horsepower Sells Cars torque wins races

lol, but in actuality you have to have both.
So they say horsepower is a number derived from torque and RPM or something like that. It was a term that they came up with to sell stuff originally probably back in the farming days near the end of horse and buggy

I pulled the spark plug the other day when I was doing compression test on all my saws and it was black on this one so it's running rich20181120_222655.jpg

If you are cutting with it bouncing on the limiter or 4 stroking in the cut it will make the plug look that way too. Start with a new plug get a long log about bar length across. Make about 20 cuts heavily loaded but not bogging or slipping the clutch. Kill the saw without letting it idle atall. Then look at the plug all tge way at the bottom of the porcelain down inside the plug where ut meets the steel. You should be able to look up a chart on how to read the plug its hard to describe without pics.. Nice fleet of saws @August76 do you think any of them are redundant being so close in ccs and hp?

If you are cutting with it bouncing on the limiter or 4 stroking in the cut it will make the plug look that way too. Start with a new plug get a long log about bar length across. Make about 20 cuts heavily loaded but not bogging or slipping the clutch. Kill the saw without letting it idle atall. Then look at the plug all tge way at the bottom of the porcelain down inside the plug where ut meets the steel. You should be able to look up a chart on how to read the plug its hard to describe without pics.. Nice fleet of saws @August76 do you think any of them are redundant being so close in ccs and hp?

Finally some one with some common sense , load the saw, get it down to 9000 to 9500 RPM in the cut , it will cut faster and your plug will look fine. Steve

I dont know how smart i am but i do prefer to load a saw pretty heavy vs letting it scream even with a self feeding chain. If i port a saw or run a stock saw i still tend to drag them down to a spot that feels the fastest. If you have a very hungry aggressive chain and a saw thst has the porting to take advantage of the high rpm sure it will cut faster at 12000. But a woods port saw the way i port them tend to like a good load. Now i dont tune them to run at a feee rev at 9500 thats somewhat close to where i load them to when cutting. I think thats the confusion with the thread you are involved in. There is a big difference between tuning to a max of 9500rpm and loading a saw to 9500. But carry on im just reading along and laughing

It's going to take a highly ported race saw to make the most power at 12000 RPM in the cut . I dont think anyone said tune a saw at 9500 RPM. Tuned to 12500 to 14000 RPM unloaded , they will cut the fastest loaded to 9000 to maybe 10000 rpm. As you said that's why his plug is black, he's not loading the saw as I said in post NO 11. Common sense goes a lot farther than bragging how fast your turns in the cut. Steve

Maybe a little redundant. And none carve turkey well!
Happy thanksgiving all!

Im flush in 60cc saws way worse then you are you are with 70ccs. Never tried cutting meat with them but have cut alot of cows pigs and deer in half with a Black n Decker electric saw though. I use veggie oil for bar oil in it for better flavor..

Im flush in 60cc saws way worse then you are you are with 70ccs. Never tried cutting meat with them but have cut alot of cows pigs and deer in half with a Black n Decker electric saw though. I use veggie oil for bar oil in it for better flavor..
Hahaha thats funny

True but I think some people just like to argue. It's kind of like the old saying that Carroll Shelby used to say horsepower Sells Cars torque wins races

lol, but in actuality you have to have both.
sure, I do believe that's what Shelby meant by that....

You need both to race and just one to sell a car.

The long standing motto in pro stock was

Win on Sunday...sell on Monday.

Latest posts

Back