Makita EA5000P53G in Canada?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preachers_Son

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker here and now first time poster. I have enjoyed the site very much and have learned a great deal from reading the very informative posts.

So, I have a question about the Makita EA5000P53G. I am very interested in a pro-grade 50 cc saw, but as it stands, I am not able to find it in Canada. What we do have in abundance is the DCS5121, which, as I understand it, is the rancher-level saw (which in itself is not a problem). I see that these two models are identical in cylinder size, however the EA5000P53G has more hp, is lighter, magnesium case, etc., and is seemingly on par with Stihl ms261. I don't want to go into why I wouldn't just buy a Stihl, so let's leave it at that.

Long story short, does anyone here have any idea why I can't find the Makita EA5000P53G in Canada? Is it going to be released soon? It would be nice if we could have the pro models here but I imagine it is hard for Makita to break the Stihl/Husky market.

Latest posts

Back