Makita XGT chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bundy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any user experiences? Is the tool less adjuster as good as the 2 stud bar support? Is it really as good as a gas 42cc saw as advertised? Any help greatly appreciated!

the xpu03 which is a lxt battery class and been out for a while has as good as can be expected (without being magnesium) way of securing the bar. It has two pegs where the normal double threaded posts would be and the one threaded post is in the middle. Similar to Husqvarna 338xpt and that layout. The nut feature with fold out crank is great. The adjusting can be adapted to. That is if the product in question is similar. Xgt I would expect is a battery class same as two lxt 18 volts nominal in series just one battery and the badge name is the peak voltage 40 or I see 80 for that xgt but not this link
https://www.makitatools.com/products/xgt

Is there only one chainsaw in this battery class and at the 40 volt level my internet connection isn't working very much?

You can figure out how long and it can produce the power of say a 4300 makita which is 2.9hp if they give the watt hours of the battery. Conversely the other way if they say it runs x minutes computing how much power is to be used to achieve that is possible. Take the watt hours and use it up in 6 minutes is right at the end of what is feasible at this point probably barely feasable.

To upgrade from the lxt battery I would want cooling air going through the batteries on the saw and filtration for cooling air going for the controller and motor. And a more robust motor shaft to sprocket double D (rim drive eventually) than my direct drive Makita ones.

Back