Mange wanted a picture or two....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of work horses:
(The wood was an Ash tree in one of my hedgerows.....if you look in the background ..past the neighbors house...thats the ridge my wife & I have)(Have the horses and barn on one side of the road and the play ground on the other.)

Don't make em like that anymore

Always wanted a 100cc,Homey,got the Mac.Old,but raw power.:D

The future of weimedog old saws.

Going to retire my XL-800. Its in perfect shape. Pull the muffler and the piston/cylinder chrome look like new. No kidding.

SO

The 925 gets to be no.1 saw with a new 20in bar next week. (Its also like new internally but the handle has been dinged and it has some cosmetic issues....mechanically&functionally perfect.

This saw (Homelite XL-1020) is ALSO in very nice shape...IT gets the 28in bar currently on the 925....and those two (the 925&1020) will be the two that go to the woods....so here's another angle of the future no.2

Thanks a lot for the pics.
You have a nice dog also. I have trained with one once upon a time. I looked on Mikes site about this XP1020, Link

Nice saws! Thanks again

well theys one thing u post did .. made realize [again].. i got to get back in the country...i like people an all. but i dont like living a place where ,i open my front door ,and see 4-5 other doors within a rocks throw.. ..
fine for some, but not my way ..
some ofums not bad folk.. i just like to go see people ,not seeum all,, everytime i go outside..good pics..
mans got to know his place..this crowded life aint mine..

Hi Homelite lovers,
Just a note the XL-925 bar is different than the 1020. The 925 and 800 are of course the same, D096 oregon and the 1020 is F014 oregon. The F014 has a much wider tail area.

By the way as far as different bars are concerned...you can adapt the smaller bar to the C-Series & XP series. I have the splines type clutch & slip on sprockets. Use a 3/8 sprocket. Widen the Adjustment hole a bit a grind in oil holes to allow the wider oil slot to oil the bar..it works & the curvature is right for the 3/8 sprocket at the end of the bar. So the 28inch got hacked up and put on a C-7. Also as Al Smith mentioned in another post you can adapt Stihl bars. When trying to make these old monsters work there are many ways to skin a cat. I had to blend a Poulan bar to fit my little Super EZ!

Latest posts

Back