Manilla rope fliplines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rbtree said:
Correct, Jeff. I never used a flipline knot......too slow to adjust. But all our pitchy trees caused me lots of grief by gumming up the works.

True Roger. Mine's all gummed up too. About the only good thing it has going for it now is that it smells good! Haven't used it in quite a while. Probably won't again.

Someone mentioned "no way" to manila fliplines.......turth is, the only difference between a wirecore synthetic rope flipline and a wirecore manila rope flipline is the outher covering.

wirecore is wirecore, the cover dont matter.

:cheers:

I have one it's about six feet long with non-locking hooks on each end. My father used it and it's about 25 years old. Let's just say it's retired now and hangs on the wall.

Kootneys And Manila

Hey SRT

I learned to climb novice pole climbes in the kootney's; Slocan logging show in the mid 90s. Any rate, as that was how i learned I personally would want the manila if i were to climb a logging show pole. They seemed stiffer then the newer style and flipped faster. I tend to agrea with you on how we forget history at times; gear that is simple but safe was invented long ago. Having said that a friend did himself for 90 stitches with a spring board chop...

Latest posts

Back