Mantis Tiller Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife has a 2 stroke Mantis tiller /cultivator. It has an Echo motor. The 4 stroke larger tillers I believe have a Honda engine. She has had it for 7 years and it has been trouble free. Fires on choke first pull -starts on no-choke 2nd pull every time.Been very reliable . I have dug holes until the engine was below ground level. Great for busting up sod so I can use my rear tine Troybilt .Perfect for cultivating in between rows and around plants, which was what she bought it for. It really does work like the add shows. We use it for many projects - handy little piece of equipment.

The wife has a 2 stroke Mantis tiller /cultivator. It has an Echo motor. The 4 stroke larger tillers I believe have a Honda engine. She has had it for 7 years and it has been trouble free. Fires on choke first pull -starts on no-choke 2nd pull every time.Been very reliable . I have dug holes until the engine was below ground level. Great for busting up sod so I can use my rear tine Troybilt .Perfect for cultivating in between rows and around plants, which was what she bought it for. It really does work like the add shows. We use it for many projects - handy little piece of equipment.

That is correct, 2 stroke is the Echo/Kioritz engine. Hondas on the four strokes, at least the ones ive seen. I own the 2 stroke model of Mantis.

I own both, the 2 stroke Mantis and the Honda mini, i've also used the stihl...

I like the Mantis better than the Stihl...

The Mantis and the Honda are pretty much the same tiller other than the motor and the actual tilling tines.

The Mantis feels like it has a bit more power than the Honda, but i choose to use the Honda every time! It's just so much quieter and nicer to use.

Rob

Latest posts

Back