maple crotch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adkpk

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Couple of pics. Went down one way and came back the other. Worked out pretty well. (we can't all be aggiewoodbutcher:cry:) Going to make a picnic table out of it, just hope we don't ever have to move it.

cats4-18-07002.jpg

cats4-18-07003.jpg

Last edited:
nice, I like the makeshift mill platform. Love it. Thats gonna be one heavy picnic table!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Interesting chunk of wood... any of it spalted or was it all solid?

Yes, there was a little spalting. And yes, it is an interesting piece of wood. It's broken off piece of a much larger sugar maple that I pass all the time down the street. I got an arborist to load it up on my truck one day when he was there with his tractor. It took some time to cut out a nest of roots. Must of fractured a long ago then grew roots to reattach itself to the trunk. I really enjoyed that part. As I enjoy anything that involves wood. I will get the grinder on it and try to get some finish going then poly it and hope it looks like a million bucks. My gf says it reminds her of the book, 'A Year in Provence". A large part of the book if you haven't read it is about a table that is a bastrid to move. Looks like that will be me.

Here's a pic of the slab and where I would like it to go. I have some bluestone sitting on top of it to keep the sun off it. This is at her new house btw. The reason why I haven't been up to my place to work on the cabin. Women, ya know, always something, geeesssh!:hmm3grin2orange:

mapletable.jpg

Couple of pics. Went down one way and came back the other. Worked out pretty well. (we can't all be aggiewoodbutcher:cry:) Going to make a picnic table out of it, just hope we don't ever have to move it.

cats4-18-07002.jpg

cats4-18-07003.jpg

Great piece of wood, that is going to be on he!! of a picnic table. Nice work.:rock:

Back