Maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tld400

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering how long maple takes to season. I just split some that I got from sandy storm and the meter said some was 21 ,23 to 24. I no it should be under 20 on meter. will it dry the rest of way to use for march, end of the season wood.

The silver maple I have dried out really fast too. If you have it in a spot where it gets wind and some sun while being kept dry It should season up some more. If not and you need wood to burn I would use it.

The silver maple I have dried out really fast too. If you have it in a spot where it gets wind and some sun while being kept dry It should season up some more. If not and you need wood to burn I would use it.

I dont think its silver maple but its a little more wet than optimal but I figure I might put a piece or two a night in with the dry oak that I have. I heard maple seasons fast but wasnt sure. thanks

A silver or norway will season real fast...especially if split small, gets sun and wind. If you need it by the end of the season, send it up the chimney. Either way it beats freezing.

Back