marksman laserhawk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhwoodman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey mate:what do you guys use as a projectile for the laserhawk
slingshot?

marsman laserhawk

hey mate:i used a 8oz.shot bag but it keeps popping out of the sling when i let it go?
jack

Can that 1 oz. bag be used with a wrist rocket and throw line, or do you need to go to fishing line first to pull the heavier throw line through?

slingshots and such...

Aha! A subject I can contribute on! I read here regularly, but I don't post often. I enjoy learning from the experienced climbers here. I started climbing just under a year ago, for a few recreational reasons...
1) Getting friend's radio control airplanes out of trees (I never put mine in a tree! )
2) Putting up wire antennas for amateur radio
3) For fun!

I have used a slingshot for years for the antennas, so I have quite a bit of experience there. 2 years ago I did make up a fishing reel mount; this combo works slick! I find that anything over 8# test mono sucks...too much drag. A friend just gave me some fireline to try, but I haven't used it yet. Throw line is way too heavy. I used to always use 1/2- 1oz lead weights...if I ran out I'd use a hex nut. All these shoot well, but the one problem is that they can bounce back with some force. Worse yet is when they get hung up and you try to pull them back. When they release (if the line doesn't break) they seem as if they are shot back at you. This year for amateur radio field day I knew we were using a lot of wire antennas, and some where I didn't want to shoot solid lead weights...so I did get two of the 'Scott Shotz" from New Tribe last month. They seem to work well, I had no problems with them. I find it easier to tie on a lead weight since there is a hole, but it's no big deal to tie around the 1 oz bag either. I haven't used it for any real high shots yet, but just from last weekend's use I am glad I added them to my bag. (I was probably shooting about 70').

Back