Married a husky 55????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I did not wake up hungover and feeling funny in the stomach or here any yes dears, but I still feel married to it. You know pocket empty can't live with it can't live without it.
This all started with a borrowed 55 that up and quit so I took it for service and told scored piston. Bought them a used good running replacement swapped all the best plastic onto it and the bar and chain and kept the DOA powerhead for my pile. Priced factory parts....NO got gb piston online and wrong one ordered right one. Tried muriatic acid stank bad and no crosshatch so ordered ball hone got wrong one sent twice. got impatient and went back to acid all was well. Reassembled bought some parts to replace what I had lost in my pile. Well ran for an hour with the borrowed bar and chain, ran OK but carb felt sluggish and did not seem to take adjustments well. So I tore down and decided to muffler mod and rebuild carb and a little port smoothing. Well this must have been my anniversary because now I lost more parts( screws and screwkeepers) bought replacements ant borrowed the bar and chain again and no run. Compession test reads 160lbs+ and there is nice spark will putter but no run for more than 30 seconds and even with LA screw all the way in it still runs slowly.
Marriage counseling or divorce what shall it be? I have other very fine saws but this one will not let me rest.

Check that your carb gasket is in correctly. Make sure the small hole is lined up with hole in the gasket.

need hammer

checked the gaskets and the saw runs the same cruddy way even when I spray mix into the carb.

What trimmed meant, was make sure the one intake gasket is positioned correctly. The little hole in the gasket should be at the bottom.

Also check to make sure the little piece of white rubber is positioned into the cylinder and is on the little tit at the back of the plastic intake. These are often lost or misplaced, and sucks major air while not running correctly.

-Steve

In 20 + years of fairly serious wood cutting I have owned about 20 saws which of 2 I purchased new, and 1 of the 2,was the husky 55. The happiest day I had with that saw was the day I sold it for $150 about 2 years after I bought it. If my time wasn't worth anything I probably had about $600 in it with all the repairs and cut about $300 worth of firewood . At one time I believe it was acting like your saw and since I couldn't seem to do anything with it I took it in and had it pressure checked which checked out ok. The Husky tech suggested trying a carb off a demo which we did and that fixed it long enough to sell it. Hope that helps you out.

Back