Maruyama Dolmar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maruyama chainsaws are rebadged Dolmar. Nothing else in the line is to my knowledge. They used to have rebadged Kawasaki backpack blowers too. Not sure about those anymore.

Some Maruyama chainsaws are original designs, others are Makita's and others still Yamabiko (Echo/Shindaiwa).
You can easily tell the original designs by the stainless steel mufflers which are designed to come apart for cleaning. These are very sound designs, well put together and generally blunt instrument reliable, but as far as weight and power go they cannot hold a candle to the competition. The same applies to their brushcutters: pretty much bulletproofs, very well put together but they do not compare well to the various Shindaiwa's and Stihl's, not to mention the fact they still run on 4% premix while all the competition runs at 2% these days...

All manufacturers mention in their manuals that ONLY their two stroke oil is good enough for 2%, all other are "inferior" and must be mixed at 4%.

Looking for insight here, i thought Makita bought out Dolmar? did Dolmar give their specs out to Maruyama too or something?

Doesn't seem like a bad price trying to get out there in the world of other saws other than Stihl, but don't know if i can do it yet haha

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/napanee/maruyama-dolmar-chainsaws-in-stock/1204748318

Yes Makita owns Dolmar for a long time now. These models were produced for Maruyama, which I believe was mostly marketing them in Latin America.
The smaller ones IIRC were Shindaiwa designs produced for Maruyama as well.

Back