Maruyama mcv51 oil leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanj

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Muryama mcv51 in a small lot of tools I purchased. It doesn’t have a chain,bar or muffler. It also looks like it leaked oil out of the exhaust port, which is why I assume the muffler is missing. It fires up on the first pull then shortly dies and won’t start again right away. I live on Whidbey Island and haven’t found anyone around I would trust to work on my saws so my question is why would the saw leak oil from the exhaust port and where can I find a decent muffler for this little saw?

Is maruyama mcv51 an alter ego of the dolmar 5105?
( check the upper removable cover , if it is identica ( except colour), you can ask to dolmar/ makita dialer, cause it is the same chainsaw

eg : if mcv51 is like this : it is a Dolmar 5015 /Makita DCS 5030 saw.

Attachments

• motoferastrau-45cm-maruyama-mcv-5100-s.jpg
    motoferastrau-45cm-maruyama-mcv-5100-s.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
What does it mean ? "the muffler is missing?" if the muffler is missing the chainsaw does lot of noise........

Maruyama :
https://www.maruyamaparts.com/MCV51-Engine-Case-Diagram/
Makita DCS5030
https://www.powertoolspares.com/makita/dcs5030.m/dcs5030/spares
MCV51 it is the Dolmar 5105/Makita DCS5030, rebranded,
I think the muffler oil leak is because the muffler is full of dirt. (incombusted oil/residues and sludge). OR you have serious carburetor problem.

Ask a check to your chainsaw at good Makita/Dolmar reseller.

Makita Repair Service, 21323 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036, USA.

Is maruyama mcv51 an alter ego of the dolmar 5105?
( check the upper removable cover , if it is identica ( except colour), you can ask to dolmar/ makita dialer, cause it is the same chainsaw

eg : if mcv51 is like this : it is a Dolmar 5015 /Makita DCS 5030 saw.
Yes, I’ve read that it’s the same saw only with an emissions restricted muffler

What does it mean ? "the muffler is missing?" if the muffler is missing the chainsaw does lot of noise........

Maruyama :
https://www.maruyamaparts.com/MCV51-Engine-Case-Diagram/
Makita DCS5030
https://www.powertoolspares.com/makita/dcs5030.m/dcs5030/spares
MCV51 it is the Dolmar 5105/Makita DCS5030, rebranded,
I think the muffler oil leak is because the muffler is full of dirt. (incombusted oil/residues and sludge). OR you have serious carburetor problem.

Ask a check to your chainsaw at good Makita/Dolmar reseller.

Makita Repair Service, 21323 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036, USA.
Yes, when I got the saw the muffler was missing, no bar or chain and if I remember right I had to pull the recoil rope off a Murayama blower that came in the same lot. It seemed like a pretty clean saw which is why I brought up the oil that seems to be leaking from the exhaust port. I don’t want to waste money on a muffler, bar/chain if it’s not worth fixing, I hadn’t thought of the carb being the issue because of how easy it will start up. Thank you for the info, I’ll pull the carb and let it sit overnight in Chem-Dip.

Yes, when I got the saw the muffler was missing, no bar or chain and if I remember right I had to pull the recoil rope off a Murayama blower that came in the same lot. It seemed like a pretty clean saw which is why I brought up the oil that seems to be leaking from the exhaust port. I don’t want to waste money on a muffler, bar/chain if it’s not worth fixing, I hadn’t thought of the carb being the issue because of how easy it will start up. Thank you for the info, I’ll pull the carb and let it sit overnight in Chem-Dip.
it could just be a problem with the carburetor membranes ($10), or simply the fuel line (small neopreme tubes)
The Maruyama mcv51 is a professional chainsaw perhaps worth recovering in a makita/dolmar service center

Here,s a video to disassembly the whole chainsaw

When there's oil drooling from the exhaust, chances are someone just ran it very rich and/or used way too much oil in the fuel mix, which can result in unburnt oil going out the exhaust. It may just need the carb retuned and a muffler. You can also use the older box style 5105/5100 muffler that has the advantage of no cat/no baffles.

Latest posts

Back