Massive Redgum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matildasmate

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here's some pic's of a my friend Laurie in action , cutting up some beautiful Redgum about 8 1/2 foot across , sadly most of it ended up as firewood , he cut about 160 ton's in 2 1/2 week's , that's pretty good going eh . Cheer's MM

:cry: :cry: :cry: That's bordering on criminal posting those pics on here MM :cry: :cry:

Sorry Bob, My friend is in the firewood business and i was paid to block it up, A couple fella's that slab timber and sell for big $ only offer $100 / ton for the log, what a f:censored: joke - so we burn it instead.
The tree will fetch 14K as firewood, and we have better logs than the one in the pics to slab, though not as big in diameter.

Laurie

Sorry Bob, My friend is in the firewood business and i was paid to block it up, A couple fella's that slab timber and sell for big $ only offer $100 / ton for the log, what a f:censored: joke - so we burn it instead.
The tree will fetch 14K as firewood, and we have better logs than the one in the pics to slab, though not as big in diameter.

Laurie

Onya Laurie - I understand you gotta make a quid and firewood is sure as hell bettern letting it rot!

Love to see pics of your others when you do em.

Cheers

I have too say you take some great pic's Laurie , well worth looking at mate . Cheer's MM

WHINE!

bout 8 ft of that quartersawn would make some damn pretty lumber..

wish I had the 160 tons of firewood tho...energy crisis would end..
see every week when I have not gotten around to hauling the wood up from the back lot we have an energy crisis...:greenchainsaw:

wifey is getting antsy about those two huge pecans sitting a few miles over...she asked me awhile ago where I needed to go to get
the big saw I want...might turn out to be a good christmas...

hell..I wish I had one cookie out of that thing...I have a little stove base
here that would make a nice little coffee table with one of those on it..

What the pictures dont show is that that redgum is about 30% denser than US White Oak.
Makes for VERY good firewood, but fantastic woodworking :)

But firewood is a valid end use, unless someone wants to pay more for the logs

Ian

Back