• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mastermind 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHRA1877

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Up forsale is a mastermind ported 044. This saw was completely stripped down to the case halfs, it was completely rebuilt with OEM parts minus the Meteor piston. The crank bearings and seals were installed by master mind. All new rubber, new HD2 air filter, dual dogs with roller catch, 3/4 wrap handle. I ordered the wide clutch cover last week and it should be in any day, that will come with the saw as well and is 70$ through the dealer. The saw had a tank of fuel through it before mastermind got it and since he ported it it has had maybe 2. Always ran 93 from Sunoco with stihl ultra. I am selling pho looking for $800 shipped within the states with PayPal gift or add the percentage for goods.

Hey guys I just put a deposit on a new saw so I am dropping the price to 700 plus shipping to try to get this awesome saw sold!

The new wide clutch cover came in, the dealer forgot to order the long chip deflector so that's the only piece missing. This is exactly how the saw will ship. I will include the older narrow clutch cover of the buyer wants it. She is ready to tear through some wood!

A real wolf in sheeps clothing there.

Scott or the saw???:crazy2:

He is a good guy, straight up and easy to work with.

I don't need another saw...... but it is a MM044.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I have had great experiences with everyone I have felt with on this site!

I'm sure someone out there is looking for a great running 044!! I built this saw to keep for a very long time but for some reason as soon as I finish one project I get itchy to start a new one!!

Saw is officially sold and is on its way to the new owner. Stihlasaurus, treat her well and run her hard, she won't disappoint you!

Don't know how to change the thread to sold but maybe a mod can?

Somewhere around the top right of this page it should say edit title, and from there you can change the red for sale icon to a sold icon.

Finally got to try her out today. Didn't know what to expect as I've never run one of these girls pimped out by Mastermind. Expected her to pull hard on the start and she did. Very loud; she's a screamer. About as loud as Big Bertha, my 084. Put a 25 inch on her and she tore into some big elm, not a problem for her. Seemed to run a little faster than I am use to. Put a 28 on her and finished the job. She didn't hesitate and always wanted to go.

Very happy with the performance of this ugly girl. I have not picked out a name yet as I need to get used to her first. I think I am going to go with a stripper name. Any suggestions?

Thanks for a great transaction NHRA1877!

Since she's not cosmetically perfect I had named her Ugly Betty haha

Really happy you like her, mastermind builds a beast of a saw!! Would love to see some pictures of her in action for you if you ever want to text them just pm me I'll send over my phone number

Latest posts

Back