Mastermind 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunfish

Fish Head
Reaction score
Got my 346xp NE back from Randy a few days ago. Damnedest thing I ever ran! :D

Pulled a dead Oak up to the shop, I don't cut cookies, but did cut up the tree. This is the average size tree I cut, so it might explain why I like the 346xp so much. ;)

I ran it along side my old 346 w/new 50cc top end that I warmed up and the 'banana saw' definitely has the edge! Running 3/8 on both these and switched back and forth between square ground and round chisel. I think I might be sold on square...

Thanks Randy... I love it!

I'm having a ball with the cousin of the 346xp, the 550xp. They are indeed fun saws! Especially "enhanced."

I have a MM 346. The only problem is my brother has laid claim to it and I have run it in about a year. I'm stuck running a WWS346 or an EC346:cry:. I do have a MM550 that I haven't let my brother lay his grubby paws on!!!:laugh:
Neal, ya have too much of a good thing. 50cc saws that is... :)

You need left and right holsters now...

What sort of RPMs do these modded 346s run at, out of the cut? I have one that I know is rich, but am chicken to lean it out much. My ears just aren't good enough for that final fine tune.

Hard to beat a ported 346. Not a MM but it gets the job done :) Just need to get a fancy Asian bar for it. Had no issues with the 18" 3/8 bar buried in pecan with an RSLK chain.

i-j6v5Hbw-L.jpg

i-RtnqBzZ-L.jpg

You need left and right holsters now...

What sort of RPMs do these modded 346s run at, out of the cut? I have one that I know is rich, but am chicken to lean it out much. My ears just aren't good enough for that final fine tune.
My OE is tuned to 14K. I haven't put a tac on the banana special, but I think I've heard Randy say 13,800? Best to have more rpm and power in the cut.

Cant recall off the top of my head but it was higher than my ported MS460. 13.8 sounds close enough to me.

My OE has been MM'd , squished and lowers blended a bit . It still is happiest @ 12,000 , while my MM'd 272 tach's 13500 all day . Will a 357 carb help my OE to rev higher ?

Latest posts

Back