Mastermind Meets The Dolmar PS-6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple other warehouses do have them now so I could order one and have it in a couple days if needed

As far as I know, there are two venturies there? :confused:

Two bores, one venturi.

Only need a bore for air since there is no need for a 'low pressure' area to draw the fuel.

And the superior torque is not so much from the design of the strato system.

It is from the stroke, Archimedes said it best eh?

Two bores, one venturi.

Only need a bore for air since there is no need for a 'low pressure' area to draw the fuel.

That's just fine with me - it still means that comparing the size of that venturi to carbs that have only one bore/venturi is meaningless.

That's just fine with me - it still means that comparing the size of that venturi to carbs that have only one bore/venturi is meaningless.
I understand your point, but it is not quite meaningless. Since the carb is sized like a non-strato saw of this displacement, it is a clue that it is intended to draw air through the carb like a non-strato saw - especially when combined with the small strato throttle plate. Very unlike the Zenoah/Husqvarna piston ported strato system.

I understand your point, but it is not quite meaningless. Since the carb is sized like a non-strato saw of this displacement, it is a clue that it is intended to draw air through the carb like a non-strato saw - especially when combined with the small strato throttle plate. Very unlike the Zenoah/Husqvarna piston ported strato system.

It was the 560xp family carbs that we discussed, because of an earlier post in the thread. ;)

I don't know Kenneth. Nate was gonna do some stuff when he got it home. Mower season, and I bet he's swamped at work.

We are swamped with stuff right now. I have put a couple tanks through it and it is getting stronger. Really puts a smile on the face of anyone that runs it even when they run the 7900 right before it. I have not come across a nice log to make any videos yet. Biggest stuff we have been cutting is 10 to 14" and my test log at the shop is 30+.

So supply is keeping up with demand now?
They are very nice saws at the price.
No problems getting them now. That is finally over with if we can just get the parts situation straightened out.

You may get another one from me. I really like this saw. It is a bit bulky for 60cc but doesn't feel like it when cutting

I really like mine it cuts well thinking of getting it ported. But really like the decibals of stock.

Randy did a nice job on mine. Single port covered with spark screen which keeps the noise level to just over a stock saw. May be more power with dual port or making the first one larger but I like the noise level it is at. I have intentions of trying out a stock muffler on it as well as enlarging the opening on this muffler just to see what happens but more to do than I have time here lately

Latest posts

Back