Mastermind Meets The Dolmar PS-6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am eager to see how this new dolly performs, been a bit of a dolmar fan for a while now. Anxiously awaiting video!

i like the look of the saw not as good lookn as 6400-7900 but still pretty

Definately not pretty - but that isn't what really counts anyway! ;)

On the heavy side for a 60cc saw, and an inboard clutch, aren't good signs regarding the handling though.

I know, eerily silent in this AS thread. Many of the saw geeks have migrated.
It just is pretty hard to be exited over that creation.....

I know, eerily silent in this AS thread. Many of the saw geeks have migrated.
In the equivalent thread on the other site there are about 2.5X as many posts, most of which are also content-free and/or unrelated to the saw. There really are not many people who are actually interested in the technical details of the way these things work.

In the equivalent thread on the other site there are about 2.5X as many posts, most of which are also content-free and/or unrelated to the saw. There really are not many people who are actually interested in the technical details of the way these things work.

The people that understand such things usually don't reply. They read out of curiosity and occasionally help to explain how and why things work.

Although there are more posts of nonsense, the thread is still richer in valuable information.

If it was all serious bidness I'd have left eons ago.

I've not done anymore with this thing yet. I wanted to get a little run time on it then go back in. I'm porting 4 MS261s now.

If it was all serious bidness I'd have left eons ago.

I've not done anymore with this thing yet. I wanted to get a little run time on it then go back in. I'm porting 4 MS261s now.
And I like to joke around too. Eventually you'll get caught up and get back to it, and then maybe we'll learn more about this system - it's the nature of having someone donate their time. It's not like I'll ever learn anything about this saw otherwise.

I'd personally prefer not having the thread accumulate 25 pages of fart jokes in the meantime, as it makes it difficult to look through later.

This is the single most intriguing thing I've seen cross my work bench in a long time Chris. These saws all start to look alike after you've done a few hundred. This is something different.......
I heard the rumor a long time ago that at the dolmar plant there was a special masterplan and only the best of the best of designers, engineers, developers, etc. were admitted to the drawing board on how to construct a saw to intrigue "mastermind"....

o_O :p

This is the single most intriguing thing I've seen cross my work bench in a long time Chris. These saws all start to look alike after you've done a few hundred. This is something different.......
I can only imagine - doping out something different is what keep its interesting!

I have been into 2 of these saws and had them apart but never had the luxury of being able to try anything on one and porting one is above my pay grade. These saws definitely have some new/ different ideas in them and I am waiting rather impatiently to find out how much potential dolmar left behind or if this new design is maxed out as it is

Latest posts

Back