Mastermind Meets The Echo CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to type this question in the prior post.

What kind of gains do you think you got out of this saw HP/TQ wise or gains from just a normal Port/MM of ANY saw if its possible to quantify it. Ive never seen a tiny little chainsaw dyno but it'd be pretty cool!

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to type this question in the prior post.

What kind of gains do you think you got out of this saw HP/TQ wise or gains from just a normal Port/MM of ANY saw if its possible to quantify it. Ive never seen a tiny little chainsaw dyno but it'd be pretty cool!

I would love to have a small dyno........

I have no idea how much of a gain we saw on this one.

Danke, Superhirn. These threads of yours are great.

Do you think the port offset increases durability concern that comes with a single-ring config? Because the piston is asymmetrical, or gas flow is asymmetrical?

husky and stihl alternatives

Heh, that's funny.

Danke, Superhirn. These threads of yours are great.

Do you think the port offset increases durability concern that comes with a single-ring config? Because the piston is asymmetrical, or gas flow is asymmetrical?

Heh, that's funny.

I think it just is twisted to allow the exhaust to side exit.

Randy, is this a personal saw of yours, or a customer's? Just curious if you're gonna run it for a while and see what kind of gains you notice once its good and broke on.

Randy, is this a personal saw of yours, or a customer's? Just curious if you're gonna run it for a while and see what kind of gains you notice once its good and broke on.

It belongs to one of our site sponsors. Edge and Engine. :bowdown:

It's on the way home to Kyle now.......the ball is in his court. :)

Fair enough, I can understand not wanting to say something you dont know for sure.

I was thinking something like mm/g's? ;)

Okay if you had to put a # out there.

.25 lbft/hp, .5 lbft/hp 1 lbft/hp?

we don't even know an accurate baseline spec. The published numbers are mostly bull droppings anyways. Tryin to put a number on a saw is a waste of time. Just cut wood and see if it's faster is the only meaningful measure for chainsaws.

I would love to have a small dyno........

I have no idea how much of a gain we saw on this one.

A standard cant, and weight of the saw? Rig up some sort of holder, saw bolts to it and just pivots down, and remote throttle , so the saw weight itself is the only thing pushing down. Then just a stopwatch, or time off the vids . Hand held, too many variables. Same chain and similar bar, etc, and like home despot standard 8x8s.

mmwwaaahahah TOTALLY unimpressed, the backyard boys are sitting here trying to match the echo as equal or better than the real-deal saws, tellin ya, despite the far-removed-from-the-real-world cookie cutter vids and the clueless clueless backyard crowd like hddnis and co praising what they see on screen, no amount of fiddling the engine will make that 360T clone a better day in day out work saw than the proper pro-husky and stihl alternatives, the echo is overweight, unbalanced and bulky, the ergonomics are crap, the echo bars are as soft as cheese with it, run the echo for a whole day then jump on a 200T for comparison, ha! BIG DIFFERENCE! tellin' ya for a serious pro-user the echo is a cow and always will be, don't be suckered by the echo hype-machine, the echos are just a mediocre product at their very best. NOTHING has changed

But that is just the point, not everyone who uses a chainsaw is a "serious pro user" and therefore doesn't require shelling out twice the dough to get the job done.

Lots of us property maintenance hacks and regular firewood cutters out there too, don't you know.

A standard cant, and weight of the saw? Rig up some sort of holder, saw bolts to it and just pivots down, and remote throttle , so the saw weight itself is the only thing pushing down. Then just a stopwatch, or time off the vids . Hand held, too many variables. Same chain and similar bar, etc, and like home despot standard 8x8s.

I think you may be on to something but then the changes in density in the log at different points would skew having completely accurate findings, then there's the temp, humidity and DA. Neveemind, forget about it, just get a telephone pole lock it in the holder and let her rip!

Don't forget to start the watch!!!

mmwwaaahahah TOTALLY unimpressed, the backyard boys are sitting here trying to match the echo as equal or better than the real-deal saws, tellin ya, despite the far-removed-from-the-real-world cookie cutter vids and the clueless clueless backyard crowd like hddnis and co praising what they see on screen, no amount of fiddling the engine will make that 360T clone a better day in day out work saw than the proper pro-husky and stihl alternatives, the echo is overweight, unbalanced and bulky, the ergonomics are crap, the echo bars are as soft as cheese with it, run the echo for a whole day then jump on a 200T for comparison, ha! BIG DIFFERENCE! tellin' ya for a serious pro-user the echo is a cow and always will be, don't be suckered by the echo hype-machine, the echos are just a mediocre product at their very best. NOTHING has changed
You don't have clue as to what you are talking about!

Randy how did you mod the muffler on this saw its just an empty can as it is. Did you just open up the stock port?

Back