Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point Will. He'd have to cut and reweld the muffler to narrow it. Gotta get that just right, or things won't line up. Maybe making the big single muffler into two individual units would be the way to fly. That's a lotta work...

Instead, he may want to forgo lowering the jugs.......and weld popups on those two $70 NOS pistons to raise compression instead. Decissions decissions...:D

Interesting thread, subscribing!

I saw one of those go for sale here in aus last year and was kinda tempted to pick it up just for the novelty factor. From memory it went for a pretty reasonable price. Plus, who could resist a saw that's EVL?

Shaun

I think most of those EVL's use the same A/V buffers. I should have some used ones.

That would be great Chris. Love the avatar BTW. :rock:

So how much to port Randy? $500? LOL

So lowering the cylinders must be a problem with the one piece muffler like that, won't line up after!!

The labor is 350.00 for everything. I'll clean it up well, vac test, rebuild the carb, get the transfer out of the jugs, port it, muffler mod it..........

The muffler isn't a problem.......I'll only be dropping the jugs .035 each or so. Slightly slotting the bolt holes and careful flange resizing........no sweat. :)

Good point Will. He'd have to cut and reweld the muffler to narrow it. Gotta get that just right, or things won't line up. Maybe making the big single muffler into two individual units would be the way to fly. That's a lotta work...

Instead, he may want to forgo lowering the jugs.......and weld popups on those two $70 NOS pistons to raise compression instead. Decissions decissions...:D

Dang Aaron........you don't over think it......you just do it. :D

Sweet avatar!!!!

I think most of those EVL's use the same A/V buffers. I should have some used ones.

Not trying to rile anyone up here .... I dug into my notes and did a double-check against the IPLs on partstree.com. The AV buffers for the 610 are NLA and I got 3 different part numbers for 3 others saws in the 'EVL' series (500, 550 & 650).

Just tryin' to help .... :bang:

P.S. Just so long as Belgian doesn't change his avatar, life is good .... :blob2:

Last edited:
Not trying to rile anyone up here .... I dug into my notes and did a double-check against the IPLs on partstree.com. The AV buffers for the 610 are NLA and I got 3 different part numbers for 3 others saws in the 'EVL' series (500, 550 & 650).

Just tryin' to help .... :bang:

P.S. Just so long as Belgian doesn't change his avatar, life is good .... :blob2:

What a buzzkiller. :msp_sad:

I'll have to repair what we have.......

Loving the broked dirty hippie ankle avatar BTW. :rock:

What a buzzkiller. :msp_sad:

I'll have to repair what we have.......

Loving the broked dirty hippie ankle avatar BTW. :rock:

You do know how Jon broke the ankle, right?

For those that are tuning in a bit late, he was run down by a pine tree.

Funny thing is, I've never seen a pine tree with legs! Must be a West Coast thing .. :jester:

Can't help but think that with the CorreCt engineering a 2 Cylinder would be very strong. Anyone hAve An ideA why they clAim they fire simultaneously? It seems to gaIn torque they would fire opposite. It may not be super fast but It should be strong.

Forgive my grammar and poor typing. I only have 1 finger and it's the wrong hand.

Can't help but think that with the CorreCt engineering a 2 Cylinder would be very strong. Anyone hAve An ideA why they clAim they fire simultaneously? It seems to gaIn torque they would fire opposite. It may not be super fast but It should be strong.

Forgive my grammar and poor typing. I only have 1 finger and it's the wrong hand.

Firing simultaneously kills vibration. That's the reason for the design....

Show me one of those buffers Randy, if you got an intact one and we'll see what's different about them.

I did find pistons for $54 in my search for part numbers.

Show me one of those buffers Randy, if you got an intact one and we'll see what's different about them.

It's been 4-5 years since I did the one I had but take me these measurements
1) overall diameter
2) overall length of buffer not including stud sticking out

IIRC, they used 4mm screws and had a 4mm stud for the engine side.

PM about the piston incoming.......I found them for close to 70.00.

I'll post pics of the buffers with measurements when I get out to the shop......still in coffee intake mode on the fine Sunday morning. :)

Electronic Vibe less

You are the man Mark. I've been thinking about that and didn't have a clue. I did read in the shop manual that this design is good for 90% less vibration. This saw will sit and idle on the bench and never move.....it's amazing.

It's been 4-5 years since I did the one I had but take me these measurements
1) overall diameter
2) overall length of buffer not including stud sticking out

IIRC, they used 4mm screws and had a 4mm stud for the engine side.

I'll be posting up that info asap.

I think that a 2 stroke engine would have to have all pistons that use a common crankcase fire at the same time. How else would you get the fuel/air charge to transfer?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back