Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought all Echo's were the priority if for nothing else than to get a rise out of the norwegian:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Echo610crank_zpsee1da024.jpg

Study and discuss.

Last edited:
The crank looks great. I guess the camera makes things look 10lbs heavier. It looks pretty stout to me for a 60cc saw, but I do not doubt the experience of others stating it's inherent weakness. Can't wait for the final result and everything in between.

The crank looks great. I guess the camera makes things look 10lbs heavier. It looks pretty stout to me for a 60cc saw, but I do not doubt the experience of others stating it's inherent weakness. Can't wait for the final result and everything in between.

What I've heard Brian is that the press fit can become loose......

Stick your nose (or a camera, in this case) close enough to anything and it'll look heavier! :D

Not anymore unless a weld breaks.........jus sayin........

Those passes are not going anywhere, I wish I could make a hot pass on a crank look that good. That is up in Srcarr52 skill level, not Walt hope it holds good luck with that level...

I think I would have used a little filler in the hot pass. Probably a 304 stainless as stainless is better for welding dissimilar steels. Even if the weld does start to crack it will act like a thousand little pins. With the nice stack of dimes weld like that you'll never see it crack right on the interference line.

I think I would have used a little filler in the hot pass. Probably a 304 stainless as stainless is better for welding dissimilar steels. Even if the weld does start to crack it will act like a thousand little pins. With the nice stack of dimes weld like that you'll never see it crack right on the interference line.

I don't know a thing about this stuff Shawn....it's way over my head. The guy that did the welding does hundreds a year so Jeremy just had him do his thang. :)

Back