Mastermind Meets The Jonsered 2095

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for what it is worth, I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread theming the rescue of a saw near death and the repairs needed to take it beyond (with the woods port) it's original glory. It was a nice repreave from the port threads. (Nothing wrong with port threads) but there were some really neat aspects to this saw's repair that you got to share with the fellas. I especially liked the bar stud repair. I think we all can learn a little from this one. I salute you Sir!:clap: The 2 I'm bringing ya have nothing wrong with them, I just want more from them. I kinda know what to expect for the 6401 since I read those threads, but on the Stihl fs250 trimmer... what is the approach in porting something like that?

More rpm in the "cut" will be my goal. :laugh:

Steer's ain't got udders.......jus' saying.

That one has four smooth teats. Steers can't say that. :msp_unsure:

Is there a video yet. Anticipation is killing me. I've never ran the saw except for when I started it at purchase.

Is there a video yet. Anticipation is killing me. I've never ran the saw except for when I started it at purchase.

No I didn't get time yesterday Steven. :(

I spent most of the day rebuilding RT angle handpieces. I lost a day because of those damn things. I just got off the phone with CC Specialty, there's a 182AMC on it's way....but it won't be here until Saturday. :cry:

There is a video. It's uploading now. I've had a heck of a couple of days.......sorta like my friend Terry was having a few weeks ago.

Everything I've touched has broke. :laugh:

I went to Cookeville today and bought another MS261......those saws are the hottest selling saws I do. I also dropped 330.00 dollars on a CC specialty RT angle tool to replace the three dental drills I've wasted.

Stay Tuned!!!!!!!

I do apologize for only having it in this small wood. It is hard as a woodpeckers beak though. :)

[video=youtube;FlCRee5inMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlCRee5inMA[/video]

Hey Randy, where's the bandana? :rock:I was told if you port one it will make your saws win buildoffs.:rock:

I forgot my hat and it was raining at the build off. I normally only wear a bandana when it's hot as hell. :laugh:

I cut the squish band on your 066 tonight after we talked. :)

That's it? That's all you have to say? :(

Sweet, after the time i have had with my mower issue :dizzy: and the mess with this saw i bought, well I would be lying if I said I wasnt antsy to have it. A little wood cutting therapy is always nice.:msp_biggrin:

There is a video. It's uploading now. I've had a heck of a couple of days.......sorta like my friend Terry was having a few weeks ago.

I know what ya mean, today was hauling a new 10x20 storage building to a customer's house in knoxville. Turned on their road and was within 20 mailboxs of their house. I was coming into the curve with the wideload and was crawling trying to get under a low line that ran diag across the road. This crackhead came flying around the curve and slid into the front of my truck. Dented my bumper on my Dodge 3500 and busted my front driver headlight. (The tow hooks on the front of the truck stopped him from doing any real damage.) His little Ford Ranger was not so lucky. I got out and said I was calling the Police as I walked behind his truck to get the plate number. His truck was pouring oil all over the pavement. While I was taking pics of the plate, he jumps in the truck and slams it in reverse and takes off. Police came and did an incident report. I got three neighbors names, addresses, and phone numbers that came to the scene cause they heard the impact. They all stated for the report that the guy was flying down the road. Anyways went on to my del up the road and couldnt turn the wheel to jack-knife into the driveway bc of the bumper. Hooked a chain to the bumper and around a nearby tree and pulled it out so i could steer. Delivered the barn and then the customer told me that they have seen that truck at the next door neighbors house on regular occasion (crack house). I went on with my day and passed the cop who was still driving up and down the roads looking for the truck. I dont know where that boy drove off to, but the way that truck sounded, and the oil on the road, he couldnt have gotten far.

That's it? That's all you have to say? :([/QUOTE]

Har Har. I was trying to get the first post in after the vid and that was the first thing that came to my mind. And my post still got beat.

I know what ya mean, today was hauling a new 10x20 storage building to a customer's house in knoxville. Turned on their road and was within 20 mailboxs of their house. I was coming into the curve with the wideload and was crawling trying to get under a low line that ran diag across the road. This crackhead came flying around the curve and slid into the front of my truck. Dented my bumper on my Dodge 3500 and busted my front driver headlight. (The tow hooks on the front of the truck stopped him from doing any real damage.) His little Ford Ranger was not so lucky. I got out and said I was calling the Police as I walked behind his truck to get the plate number. His truck was pouring oil all over the pavement. While I was taking pics of the plate, he jumps in the truck and slams it in reverse and takes off. Police came and did an incident report. I got three neighbors names, addresses, and phone numbers that came to the scene cause they heard the impact. They all stated for the report that the guy was flying down the road. Anyways went on to my del up the road and couldnt turn the wheel to jack-knife into the driveway bc of the bumper. Hooked a chain to the bumper and around a nearby tree and pulled it out so i could steer. Delivered the barn and then the customer told me that they have seen that truck at the next door neighbors house on regular occasion (crack house). I went on with my day and passed the cop who was still driving up and down the roads looking for the truck. I dont know where that boy drove off to, but the way that truck sounded, and the oil on the road, he couldnt have gotten far.

Crackheads are why insurance is so damn high. :(

I know what ya mean, today was hauling a new 10x20 storage building to a customer's house in knoxville.

WOW. Sounds like my luck is rubbing off on the both of you guys. Atleast your saw looks like a runner.

That saw is a beast. I've been saving a monster maple trunk for that sucker. The 28'' bar will have a mouthful. Can't wait.

Latest posts

Back