Mastermind Meets The MS241 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny how it takes about a week to get to you but 3 to 4 weeks to get back,whats the go with that ?.

Customs mate. Because of the exchange rate being favourable for us Aussies there is a LOT of gear coming out of the states via the postal service to Australia. I had 3 x 200T's sent to me a while back all at the same time. One arrived in 2 weeks, the next in 4 weeks, and the final one got here 6 weeks later. I called Customs and there are two choke points - one in the US and one when it hit's Australia. They have so many parcels to assess that they are struggling to get through them.

It appears that Randy MAY be in possession of a ms241c, but he is withholding.

My 251 pic links were just a bump.

As is this reply.

Randy is in possession of a MS241C but he is frantically working on clearing a spot on his bench for said saw. :hmm3grin2orange:

Randy is in possession of a MS241C but he is frantically working on clearing a spot on his bench for said saw. :hmm3grin2orange:

think this stupid chimps head is getting too fat. referring to himself in the 3rd person. d-bag.

Last edited:
Customs mate. Because of the exchange rate being favourable for us Aussies there is a LOT of gear coming out of the states via the postal service to Australia. I had 3 x 200T's sent to me a while back all at the same time. One arrived in 2 weeks, the next in 4 weeks, and the final one got here 6 weeks later. I called Customs and there are two choke points - one in the US and one when it hit's Australia. They have so many parcels to assess that they are struggling to get through them.

You do get lucky sometimes though, I had a saw arrive here a few weeks ago in 5 business days... not bad at all.

since my hopes were crushed after finding out the 543xp will not be AT, I'm even more anxious to see how this one will respond to mods. Who here wouldn't want a little rocket like I think Randy's going to create here?

If this build follows the same time line as the last few, I'm predicting he'll be caught up in 2015 with vids in early spring 2016, immediately following the echo twin vids.

If this build follows the same time line as the last few, I'm predicting he'll be caught up in 2015 with vids in early spring 2016, immediately following the echo twin vids.

That's what happens when people send him nice stuff, he doesn't mind it being in the shop. You gotta send him a real POS that he wants to get rid of quick. :msp_wink:

The 461 i got afew weeks ago had a sticker on saying Australian Customs had opened the package looking for ?.
Maybe they think that Mitch bloke is a bit dodgy.:smile2:

The 461 i got afew weeks ago had a sticker on saying Australian Customs had opened the package looking for ?.
Maybe they think that Mitch bloke is a bit dodgy.:smile2:

a NEW saw( over a $1000 ) or any saw dust that could contain disease ??????

Last edited:
DL, the linked MS251 looks nice and should perform well, but at 510 quid it must be really special. That's aboot 765 bucks man!

When I lived there if I recall well enough they were few and far between, pretty much only farmers, heavy duty job gardeners, country folk, and people with estates, or very large properties. Average householders who had 'em were very few and far between. Here in the burbs many more folk have them, than in comparable burbs over there. So there's a rarity to them and with rarity comes scarcity of dealers and specialty item status. Folks were also kind of frugal and practical where and when I grew up, they didn't buy stuff unless they could justify it everywhich way. Here it's almost part of a way of life for so many folks it doesn't even prompt much question.

Now with CAD, I saw a 251 the other day and drooled ever-so slightly. But at least now my year-old 250 looks kinda vintage lol.

Last edited:
I would also Love to see this Mastermind Ported 241c put head-to-head with a totally stock ms261, (or 353, or 346, or 350, or 51XX). I think we would all expect the ported 241 to outperform a stock 50cc saw, and that is where it's real attraction would be.

I think the 241 compares favorably to a dolly 420. The dolly has Two (bar) Nuts, but the 241 has M-Tune, and Better (?) air filtration.

I would also Love to see this Mastermind Ported 241c put head-to-head with a totally stock ms261, (or 353, or 346, or 350, or 51XX). I think we would all expect the ported 241 to outperform a stock 50cc saw, and that is where it's real attraction would be.

I think the 241 compares favorably to a dolly 420. The dolly has Two (bar) Nuts, but the 241 has M-Tune, and Better (?) air filtration.

I'd like to see anything at this point

Latest posts

Back