Mastermind meets the MS390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonathan.........................ya get the MMMS390 Back yet? I expect a report on my desk by Monday morning!!!!

Aaron, I should have the saw by the end of day tomorrow according to UPS Tracking.

Is anyone else getting suspicious?:D

AF, when you say suspicious do you mean like when the truck drivers are a bit wary of your evening dress attire offset by your adams apple, when "trolling" the parking lot.

Good trade????? Right?!?!?!? :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

All kidding aside Randy, the saw looks great, and hopefully I'll get to use it here pretty soon.

By the way do I owe you any extra for the Hickory that came with the saw?

All kidding aside Randy, the saw looks great, and hopefully I'll get to use it here pretty soon.

By the way do I owe you any extra for the Hickory that came with the saw?

The wood was free my friend. Now take that bad boy outside and scare the neighbor's cat. You gotta hear how much better it sounds!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

The wood was free my friend. Now take that bad boy outside and scare the neighbor's cat. You gotta hear how much better it sounds!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Randy,
I put my bar and chain on the 390, and I managed to get some fuel into this saw. Man I don't know about scaring any cats, but it sure did scare the #### out of my Chocolate Lab, and a couple of my employees. I can't wait to get this into some Oak trees, and give it a real test.
Thanks again,
Jonathan

p.s. Why does the inside of the muffler mod say Budweiser?.................just kidding, it looks great.

rezsure-wreckting the dead

Yes, you truly are one SICK phuckin' bunch! Now I know I'm in the right place anyway.

1. That was a total waste of time for the most part.
2. I did give out all my daily rep :hmm3grin2orange:
3. Why no squish?
4. "Huff" 2-stroke exhaust fumes kids, you'll live longer
5. One regret, wasn't wearing waders and riding on a backhoe, hum...
6. Rep Ho's don't need "Rep-a-ho's" they need cash and rock
7. puff " pass
8. :givebeer::clap:

Yes, you truly are one SICK phuckin' bunch! Now I know I'm in the right place anyway.

1. That was a total waste of time for the most part.
2. I did give out all my daily rep :hmm3grin2orange:
3. Why no squish?
4. "Huff" 2-stroke exhaust fumes kids, you'll live longer
5. One regret, wasn't wearing waders and riding on a backhoe, hum...
6. Rep Ho's don't need "Rep-a-ho's" they need cash and rock
7. puff " pass
8. :givebeer::clap:

Repped!!!!!!!

Looking at the muff mod Randy did (post#5). Both mufflers on my 290 and 029 Super with Baileys kit have the internal baffle parrallel(sp) to the exhaust port. In Randy's post it appears he is drilling out the baffle holes by going thru the new opening he made in the front of the muffler. What am i missing? Seeing as how my new front opening(same as Randy's) is open all the way to the cylinder exhaust port, the baffle holes don't seem to play a part in freeing up the exhaust gasses anymore. Am I looking at his picture wrong?
Bob

Looking at the muff mod Randy did (post#5). Both mufflers on my 290 and 029 Super with Baileys kit have the internal baffle parrallel(sp) to the exhaust port. In Randy's post it appears he is drilling out the baffle holes by going thru the new opening he made in the front of the muffler. What am i missing? Seeing as how my new front opening(same as Randy's) is open all the way to the cylinder exhaust port, the baffle holes don't seem to play a part in freeing up the exhaust gasses anymore. Am I looking at his picture wrong?
Bob

In that picture I was milling the opening in the front of the muffler. You are spot on that the baffle is bypassed by cutting that recess out.

Back